RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > Blogs > Welcome To My Blog!
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
After reading; please use the "Rate This Entry" link at the top of the page (stars) to score the Blog you just read.

I also would welcome very much the favor of a "Comment."

Thank you.
  1. Old Comment
    Updated 10-13-2018 at 08:42 AM by MEWright (The article was to old to make a relevant comment)
  2. Old Comment

Mobile RV Medic's - Dale Sumner

power cord reel won't retract electrical cord. I can reel the cord on the reel no problem just would be nicer with power. Need help locating a fuse location. My motorhome is a 2002 Holiday Rambler. The manual show a fuse box in the bedroom but doesn't id the fuse. Any help would be helpful. Thanks.
  3. Old Comment
    Updated 03-23-2017 at 02:02 AM by bonniesnyder
  4. Old Comment

The 2012 40PDQ Holiday Rambler Ambassador

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lindal1960 View Comment
    can you does it havetell me what navigation
    Yes this motorhome has Navigation. It's a separate stand alone unit on top of the dash.
  5. Old Comment

The 2012 40PDQ Holiday Rambler Ambassador

can you does it havetell me what navigation
  6. Old Comment

Ultrapower Allison 1000 Grade Brake (UAGB) Installation 101

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YO_ View Comment
    Hi DriVer, thanks for this post. I'll be getting a kit from Brazel later this year to install before we take off on any long trips later this year and next.
    I was the guinea pig for the early model however I have come to understand that you no longer have to manually pin-out the TCM connectors. URVP now provides plug-in modular connectors to improve the reliability of the connections and make the integration process a breeze.
  7. Old Comment

Hi DriVer, thanks for this post. I'll be getting a kit from Brazel later this year to install before we take off on any long trips later this year and next.

Ed
  8. Old Comment

MCD DUO Day/Night Shade Installation

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tombones49 View Comment
    Sure do wish your installation was done as a video!
    Me too! At the time that I installed the shades, I did try to take as many pictures of the important stuff and write as much as I could about the install.
    Going forward those resources may become available.
  9. Old Comment

Sure do wish your installation was done as a video!
  10. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CJ7365 View Comment
    Driver, I just installed the grade brake on my W22, your pictures and attention to detail on your install were great. Thanks again for posting this
    Rob, It's good to know that folks like yourself are still reading my stuff! You are welcome!
  11. Old Comment

Driver, I just installed the grade brake on my W22, your pictures and attention to detail on your install were great.

Although now, Jon has upgraded the kit, you do not have to splice the OD wires, the GB harness now comes with a female and male OEM plugs, so now you just unplug the OD connector and insert the GB connectors, a lot easier process.

Hats off to the guys at Brazels, to upgrade this connection, its a lot easier now.

So I only had to install 1 T tap, and yes those things are a pain.

Everything works fine, I really like the overdrive engaging at 48mph instead of 55mph

I live in the desert so no big hill to test the GB on yet, but heading out west this summer.

Thanks again for posting this

Rob
  12. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RonVBT View Comment
    Good job! I have a shade over my dinette that has a broken string. It must be the one that gets the most use. How are the MCDs holding out?
    The MCD shades are doing very well after the install article and are continuing to hold up very well. The shades are quality units and I expect that they will continue to perform nicely.
  13. Old Comment

Good job! I have a shade over my dinette that has a broken string. It must be the one that gets the most use. How are the MCDs holding out?
  14. Old Comment

Thanks for the excellent photos and article,just what i needed.
  15. Old Comment

Replacing a Vacuum Breaker Kit - Sealand Toilet

DriVer, this was an excellent tutorial on diagnosing and replacing the vacuum breaker on the Sealand toilet. I too just experienced the mystery spray clean water leak from behind the toilet when flushing. Now i know that it can be fixed in about 10 minutes once the part is in hand. Cudos.
  16. Old Comment

Freightliner Custom Chassis Introduces NEW S2 RV Chassis

I'm looking for the vin number on my fleetwood Excursion the one the frame can you help me
  17. Old Comment

JACK Digital HDTV Antenna

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ken-55 View Comment
    On an aluminum roof would using something like the scraper attachment on an oscillating tool like Harbor Freight Multi-function work or be too dangerous?
    I am going to recommend that you use the same tools that I did. A wide blade scraper with new razor blade. Using a manual tool you can better gauge the pressure and control of the tool. Using a power tool for this one install may not yield the results you are trying to achieve.

Good luck!
  18. Old Comment

JACK Digital HDTV Antenna

Driver,

Thanks for this excellent post . . . it's given me the confidence to install my new Jack antenna, just waiting for some dry weather.

Seems like one of the tougher parts is getting the old antenna and caulking off the roof. On an aluminum roof would using something like the scraper attachment on an oscillating tool like Harbor Freight Multi-function work or be too dangerous?

Thanks!
  19. Old Comment

Monaco RV Unveils Holiday Rambler Trip

The Damon Avanti was another competitor. Alas, the Avanti and the Trip/Vesta have been axed for 2013
  20. Old Comment

New Hi-Density Mattress Topper Saves the Month!

We were at Costco this morning looking at high density foam toppers as our two year old RV mattress is loosing its shape, especially in the middle. It already has a pillow top which I'm thinking is all about looks and not much else. DW and I are now seriously considering taking the plunge and buying the topper. Its that or a new mattress.
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.