Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > Blogs > Welcome To My Blog!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
After reading; please use the "Rate This Entry" link at the top of the page (stars) to score the Blog you just read.

I also would welcome very much the favor of a "Comment."

Thank you.
  1. Old Comment

RVIA Claims - RV Industry Won't Be Impacted Until Fuel Reaches $10 per Gallon

Lordy! Don't know who wrote this and don't care, but it sure sounds like he/she wrote it fto make the boss feel good! Must be looking for a raise. What percentage of RVers are retired? What percentage of those retirees have unlimited recreational $$?
  2. Old Comment

Ultrapower Allison 1000 Grade Brake (UAGB) Installation 101

Quote:
    Originally Posted by athuddriver View Comment
    WOW...That seems to have been a big project but it appears ya done good! My question is how did you get the dash to pop up like that? I'm thinking I may need that bit of knowledge for a radio project.
    I didn't think that folks were still reading this piece but thanks for the review.

In the piece I wrote that I was the first person in the field to install the kit and that it went very well.

In regard to the dash, certain models of Winnebago motorhomes had their dash pods on hinges. Lifting the dash with this fitted is a breeze. In later production years, Winnebago only provided fixed dash pods and no longer provided easy access to the under dash wires and components.

I have found that most RV manufacturers have fixed dash pods so I feel that my rig "type" is the exception rather than the norm.
  3. Old Comment

Ultrapower Allison 1000 Grade Brake (UAGB) Installation 101

WOW...That seems to have been a big project but it appears ya done good! My question is how did you get the dash to pop up like that? I'm thinking I may need that bit of knowledge for a radio project.
  4. Old Comment

It would be interesting to get an accurate report of RV dealer sales. I know in my area from private parties I'm seeing lots of RVs for sale and have seen some very good prices in motor homes. If gas does edge towards $10 a gallon RV sales will probably trickle down to nearly nothing. The manufacturing and delivery cost of RVs (along with everything else) will also increase. Does the RVIA think their manufacturing members are going to simply absorb that cost?
  5. Old Comment

Thor Industries - 4 Winds & Damon Motorcoaches

Your aft looking picture of floor plan of 2010 avanti 3106 depicts a floor plan i am not familiar with for an avanti? Was this a special configuration?
  6. Old Comment

Thor Industries - 4 Winds & Damon Motorcoaches

Our Avanti3106 has similar sounds. I believe it has to do with the plastic panel connections on driver's side.
  7. Old Comment

MaxxForce® Engine Plant Tour - Part 3

I really enjoyed the article. Very well written.
    Thanks
  8. Old Comment

I happen to agree with the comments by RVIA. When I started driving years ago the price was $.33 gal in Canada. I wondered if I would afford to drive once it got to $.50. Now it is over $5. here and I am still driving. Most RVers travel less than 5,000m annually and I don't see us giving up our rigs any time soon. If I spend $1,000 on fuel this year and it goes up by 10% next year I won't stay home for the sake of $100. We will plan a little better, maybe take shorter trips but we won't stop for the sake of a few extra dollars.
  9. Old Comment

The RVIA Spokesman must moonlight as a saleman for some RV Park Timeshare outfit. Same twisted logic. I didn't buy the park mambership and I don't buy the $10.00/gal gas. If it comes to ten buck gas I'll buy a foreclosed lot and park the rig on it and call it a summer cabin.
  10. Old Comment

Out of Touch with Who??

The fine folk at RVIA may be right to make that statement as they sat under the canopy of their 575 thousand dollar motorhomes. For them that is probably a fact, but then there are the rest of us. The ones that have retired early and are eagerly looking forward to seeing this country in a way not too many understand, including those folks sitting under the shade canopy of a 575 thosand dollar motorcoach. Our adventures, the rest of us, are governed by finance and where we go and what we do is always a financial issue. Not that we're poor, we're just not able to play at $10.00 a gallon like we can at $2.75. They just can't see it or us.
  11. Old Comment

JACK Digital HDTV Antenna

Great information! Thank you! Traveling all over a LOT, we are often in places with limited or no TV reception. Had Direct TV for a while, but it just wasn't worth it. Looking to upgrade our batwing for better and more reliable reception, particularly in more remote places. Your article with pictures and great narration doesn't make it seem "easy" but makes it "doable!" Thanks -- now to get my husband's buy-in!!
  12. Old Comment

Never say never-- I started motorhoming in 1971, gas was $.30/gal, soon it went to $.60/gal, then doubled again to $1.20, needless to say it doubled again to $2.40, looks like may double again to $5.80. Does doubling again sound impossible ? I say no, it'll happen, the question is when ?
  13. Old Comment

They are just like the [Moderator Edit] media, and our president, they believe that if they say it enough times then people will believe & accept it, don't accept it
    Updated 03-23-2012 at 07:53 AM by RJay
  14. Old Comment

I would be hard pressed to ever take anything seriously that RVIA ever said after making such a lame brain statement. Do these people actually think they have the pulse and best interests of the RV industry.
  15. Old Comment

You have only to look at the size of EU caravans and motor homes and to look at the rise in popularity of Teardrop Trailers here in the US to see how wrong they are. We bought a Tear for this very reason, anticipating gas prices.
  16. Old Comment

This is a JOKE right? Maybe he should see how many "rich" folks purchased a custom conversion bus shell last year (2011). Let me inform him 60 units that's all, and that was before diesel hit $5.00 in some areas. People don't have their houses as ATMs anymore (down 40%) Foreclosures are up and short sales are becoming the norm. 23% of the population are unemployed, 43 million are on food stamps, wheat is up 74% and I could go on. NO the only one who can afford not one but two PREVOSTs is our President, and if it was his money he wouldn't buy them. deSanford
  17. Old Comment

RVIA is clueless, whistling in the wind, and has obviously totally forgotten what the impact of fuel prices has ALREADY done to the RV industry, as well as related peripheral industries!

So they think LOTS more of the same will have little or no effect? Only if your name is Donald Trump or other similar rich folks - who most likely don't RV anyway!
  18. Old Comment

probably one of the stupidest things i have seen in a long time.
  19. Old Comment

I think the RVIA is waaaay too optimistic. When gas hit $4 back in 2008, a bunch of RV manufacturers went out of business. The ones who are left are probably stronger and most of them have added smaller RVs to their lines, so they may last a little longer; but I don't know how many manufacturers can stand another hit like we had before.

I think many RVers have already begun to curtail their travel plans and that means there won't be as many buyers. I think the threshold for trouble for the RV industry is somewhere between $4 and $5 a gallon, not $10.
  20. Old Comment
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by