Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > Blogs
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old

Furnace Didn't Last

Posted 03-04-2024 at 10:30 AM by terrilorrain
Updated 03-04-2024 at 10:36 AM by terrilorrain

The furnace crapped out again . . . three days ago when it was -20C . . . big time this time. Now . . . there's a propane leak.

I forced a convo with the dealership-owner who's been avoiding me . . . but when I finally cornered him, he deflected responsibility.

I had hoped he'd at least acknowledge the 3-month warranty that came with the sale of the motorhome, but nope.

Don't worry, that doesn't mean the warranty is being disregarded . . . it means...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 195 Comments 0 terrilorrain is offline Edit Tags
Old

Furnace Update

Posted 02-28-2024 at 08:50 AM by terrilorrain

Well, they didn't replace the furnace, but they fixed it. Last night was -23 C and the motorhome stayed toasty warm, so I'm happy.

Today I'm waiting out road conditions, tomorrow I travel. I'll post pics.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 85 Comments 0 terrilorrain is offline Edit Tags
Old

Is there a Survival Guide for Enduring the Torture of Waiting on Others?

Posted 02-22-2024 at 01:50 PM by terrilorrain

I'm sitting in my motorhome on the dealership's lot waiting [im]patiently for them to replace the furnace.

I could be wrong, God knows I am a lot, but I can't help think they and I are engaged in a battle of wills.

I've been here two full days and, when they communicate with me at all, it's to tell me how busy they are.

Know what I think? I think they're hoping I'll choose to drive off with a non-working furnace rather...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 118 Comments 0 terrilorrain is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Getting ready for 2024

Posted 01-04-2024 at 08:34 PM by Cybergrunt

Like many, I'm spending the frozen months getting plans made and whittling down my list of to-do items.

Right now, we are committed to an 8-day spring break trip to Branson. We were seriously considering an early July foray to the Black Hills, but we scrubbed that after finding out about all the major road work and detours. Now we are looking at heading to Gulf Shores, AL to hand out, eat, and drink.

Project-wise, nothing big. New Rhino sewer hose, built new pads for...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 496 Comments 0 Cybergrunt is offline Edit Tags
Old

Blog Update

Posted 12-09-2023 at 10:18 AM by vermilye

Well, I just realized that I haven'd posted a Blog entry since 2013, so maybe I should catch up!

I sold the Escape 17 in 2017, and purchased an Escape 21. I still head to the Arizona southwest for most winters, usually staying in the Quartzsite Long Term Visitor Area.

This year I'm getting soft & staying in Parker, AZ (30 miles north of Quartzsite) in the La Paz County Park with water & electric hookups.

I keep journals of all my trips - the...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 320 Comments 0 vermilye is offline Edit Tags
Old

Ready to travel! Wait.

Posted 11-08-2023 at 12:31 AM by miwok

This has been the year for planning and repairs.
After some surgeries I am in recovery mode, yet even so I cannot keep from repairing or improving some of the camper!
New faucet in the bath sink, repair kitchen leaky faucet, new bed blinds (day/night) and repair some latches, new light and more LED bulbs, and it is ready to travel for the fall or winter?
I am seeing some electrical glitches, so tracing fuses and wires to get anything I can.. popped a fuse, why? Hmm
New...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 302 Comments 0 miwok is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Moments Like This

Posted 09-19-2023 at 09:42 PM by Cuffemdude

Click image for larger version

Name:	wallpaper.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	638
Sometimes that first night on the road can be epic. This photo is from the first night of a three-week, 4400 mile road trip. It had been a long day of packing, and of course we hit the road two hours later than we'd planned. Pulled into this rest stop after 8 solid hours of driving. It was virtually empty. Just us, and an 18-wheeler. The sky was boiling as we pulled in... I took the dog for a quick walk just as the wind gusts started to kick up. I turned around...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 724 Comments 1 Cuffemdude is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

First RV

Posted 05-25-2023 at 07:27 AM by Blackfish
Tags 1*17, pnyp4g6g

A few months ago we purchased our first RV, going from a tent to a 2005 Pace Arrow. So far it has been a learning experience for us and we are loving it. The first issue we had to deal with was fitting it into our driveway. Drive has a big slope to it and I did not like parking it on such a steep angle. We have since removed the roof on half of our carport and now I can back it onto a flat surface. Still some work left to do as I want to extend the parking pad an extra 10’ which require adding a...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 591 Comments 1 Blackfish is offline Edit Tags
Old

Ever feel like throwing in the towel?

Posted 05-18-2023 at 01:49 AM by Misjudg

All day I've had it in an uneasy feeling. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I know my gut and my guts telling me something. It's like the beginning of an anxiety attack and you're just kind of preparing for yours for it to hit. It's that 7th Sense that something's telling you that something is really wrong. Has me on high alert. I definitely thought things were going to be different but I should have known. I'm not complaining I'm just wondering why everything has to be so hard. For once in my...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 872 Comments 1 Misjudg is offline Edit Tags
Old

Soooo tired

Posted 03-29-2023 at 09:48 PM by Misjudg

Trying to keep my head up. I keep telling myself things are going to get better. I wouldn't say they haven't gotten like worse but they are definitely stagnant I'm just in limbo. I'm kind of losing my my motivation it's just tired. I think I'm going to try to get a spot at Coyote point soon I need to get a break. The only thing is I have this new squeak and it's concerning me. I don't know I am think I may have found a mechanic or someone that I could go to and I have questions somebody introduced...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230326_183513.jpg (313.8 KB, 203 views)
File Type: jpg 20230307_173637.jpg (134.4 KB, 166 views)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 925 Comments 0 Misjudg is offline Edit Tags
Old

Blown Tire on the 405!

Posted 03-24-2023 at 08:49 AM by BajaFog
Updated 03-24-2023 at 08:52 AM by BajaFog

We RV’rs hear about China Bombs, tires that blow up on you. I think we hope it never happens to us but have that concern in the back of our minds. Our rig was rolling on a set of factory installed Westlake tires. Research will show one that they are no better or worse than any other tire out there, though there are Facebook experts that will tell you differently.

I keep my towing speed...
Posted in JFOTR
Views 589 Comments 2 BajaFog is offline Edit Tags
Old

Getting Married

Posted 03-22-2023 at 07:05 AM by 208rv (208rv TMI)

Although we never dated, we were married in 1993. That is another story for another time. I knew that all of my buddies that were successful in the trucking industry had failed in their home life, so I came off the road. Dori already had three kids when we married and when she became pregnant with our first child, I started changing careers in order to be home more. Every change that gave me more time with my wife and family cut my income by 50% or more. I was happy...and broke. Lucky for us, both...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 447 Comments 0 208rv is offline Edit Tags
Old

Gosh darn it to heck already!

Posted 02-24-2023 at 02:10 AM by Misjudg

From 90 mph winds to mmega rain. From new battery now my tail lights won't shut off . From storms from hell to loosing both vents, bad roof job that leaks, most defenantly water damage. .. and top it off with trying to find work, surviving on pennies yet I don't qualify for food stamps? Unemployment is a joke. The system is failing and I'm watching it from the front lines. Setting up for failure. Sooo whats next? Lol.
When I chose Rving I didn't plan on so much bad happening....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 424 Comments 0 Misjudg is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Motorhome Rallies - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Posted 02-15-2023 at 06:53 AM by dbteam

We've now been to Newmar, AIM and FMA (Fleetwood) rallies. As past event planners, we enjoy seeing how others run their events. Last month, we attended the AIM rally in Chiefland, Fl (pre-Show), the Newmar Kountry Klub Rally during the Super Show and then the Fleetwood Rally post show. We've been to 4 Aim rallies and these are our favorites. We attended an AIM rally in Biloxi MS and the night we had dinner at The Reef restaurant, there was a 7 pc band that was outstanding. They re-appearred...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 686 Comments 1 dbteam is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Storms over... For now 😬

Posted 01-24-2023 at 09:47 PM by Misjudg

Well... I made it so far. I fear I have significant water damage. My windowindows I thought were leaking... Well yes they were, but not like I thought. The roof had a leak and it wasn't obvious. I saw nothing from the inside. It leaked in between the walls and that's where the water was coming from. I tarped the roof best I could without blowing away ( that would be me blowing away) and now I have it off to air it out hopefully it'll dry somewhat. But I have a feeling that it's going to take more...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 722 Comments 0 Misjudg is offline Edit Tags
» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by