Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Forum 101 | Announcements | Forum Concerns
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #127

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't understand why you won't give in to my desires and run YOUR forum the way I want it run.:whistli ng:

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #128

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We still have the "Right" to remain silent, and any thing we do say may be used against us, I think.
Denver, Colorado
Old 12-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #129

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you irv2, this is a very smart move. I joined this forum to discus rv things. I do not like to discuss politics and religion and gun rights. There is a proper place for everything and that's that.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #130

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajudge View Post
Thank you irv2, this is a very smart move. I joined this forum to discus rv things. I do not like to discuss politics and religion and gun rights. There is a proper place for everything and that's that.

J
Old 12-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #131

Alpine Owners Club
Good change,

I camp and go Jeepin with folks who I strongly suspect have extremely different views on most things than I do. We remain friends precisely because we don't discuss things like these. Instead we have fun around the fire discussing the things we know we have in common.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 PM   #132
CD

You are a smart man.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
Old 12-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #133

National RV Owners Club
Agree 100%
Old 12-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #134

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajudge View Post
Then don't participate in the discussions that cover those topics, just because you and some others don't like those topics, the rest of us are barred from discussing them. [moderator edit]
Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 PM   #135

I have the right to not read or participate in threads that I don't have any interest in. I don't know why people get offend so easily. One of the hot rod forums I belong to has a catagorys just for this . If its not something you want to be a part of, just don't go there. I don't like MSNBC, or what they have to say... So I don't watch it .
Old 12-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #136

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
I have the right to not read or participate in threads that I don't have any interest in. I don't know why people get offend so easily. One of the hot rod forums I belong to has a catagorys just for this . If its not something you want to be a part of, just don't go there. I don't like MSNBC, or what they have to say... So I don't watch it .

Very well said and so correct are rights are being taken away on all sides by those who dont want to learn about all views and it seem to me they are the one's that get so Angry at we who learn through all opinions,and sometimes even change our minds on issues,if you don't hear all sides how can you learn.We're never to old to learn!

I have seen some heated discussions on RV talk about fixing something on the RV and it wasn't forbidden,matter of fact some of you who don't like Religion,Politics and Guns are the one that get so mad if others don't agree with your fix!Take a hard look at your self folks and as the above said just don't go where you don't like
P.S I enjoy reading the post of you who I don't agree with thats why I served 1966-1972 for your right to disagree,Love You and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #137

Freightliner Owners Club
All most 12 hours and No responce,I like it!
Old 12-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #138

Maybe I done good
Old 12-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #139

The fact that the forum continues to let this topic ride after the decision has been made shows me they do believe in freedom of speech, problem is, there are a lot of good points being made from both sides. For instance, I think any rv'er with minimal road experience has realized the necessity for a self defence "plan", at the very least. Lots of beautiful rv's out there, much of them cost more than houses do. On the road with your family and pets, or even the lone rangers, how long will it take for help to arrive if your not sure how to describe your exact location? Sorry to those of you who dont want to think about it, but , it is a reality for rv'ers everywhere. Defending the rv sounds like a relevant topic to the modern day family.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #140

If your speaking of what I think your speaking of... Don't say it... I would never & I don't think anyone should use that to protect your rv, that'll get you put in jail real fast.
Closed Thread