Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #1

1997 Adventurer Fuse Panel

I am new to my 1997 Adventurer 32 feet (non slide) Motor Home and am looking for a fuse box for the coach. I find the Circuit Breakers below the fridge and the panel above the Microwave but am wondering there is a fuse panel somewhere for the coach. I am having trouble with the electric step not coming in and could not find a fuse panel. Would appreciate help if anyone owns this unit.

Thanks

Ken

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Stand in front of MH and Open front engines compartment and look to the right should be a fuse panel cover there that opens to the fuses. Should identify which one is step. Make sure your ground is good, if fuse is good take tester and see that you are getting voltage to the motor. Motor could be bad. Good luck.

Hammer Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Down View Post
Stand in front of MH and Open front engines compartment and look to the right should be a fuse panel cover there that opens to the fuses. Should identify which one is step. Make sure your ground is good, if fuse is good take tester and see that you are getting voltage to the motor. Motor could be bad. Good luck.

Thanks so much for your prompt answer. I found the fuse box right where you said but did not see any markings to indicate what each does. The RV repairman looked there but thinks my problem is the Control Unit. The step is out, locked and will not come in. He is checking with Kiwkee for the unit. The yellow light under the steps by the motor comes on but no power to Control Unit which turns on the motor. I am not a mechanic so will have to go with the experts.

It sure is sad to find that there is no backup of the system that will allow you to manually bring the step in when it breaks in the out position.

Thanks again.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:17 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenR View Post
Thanks so much for your prompt answer. I found the fuse box right where you said but did not see any markings to indicate what each does. The RV repairman looked there but thinks my problem is the Control Unit. The step is out, locked and will not come in. He is checking with Kiwkee for the unit. The yellow light under the steps by the motor comes on but no power to Control Unit which turns on the motor. I am not a mechanic so will have to go with the experts.

It sure is sad to find that there is no backup of the system that will allow you to manually bring the step in when it breaks in the out position.

Thanks again.
you can disconnect the power actuator and manually stow the steps and secure them with wire or whatever. make sure the switch is off and take the fuse out if you can find it as the actuator is powerful enough to remove fingers if it should start running suddenly. the steps will attempt to follow the door switch even with the step switch off when the ignition key is turned on.

this manual may help you figure it out. i am having trouble attaching the manual. i may have to do another post.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks
DAN L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
ken,
here is the kwikee step manual (i hope). i guess not. it seems like it is partially attached and i cannot unattach it and do it over.
pm me with your email address and i will send you the pdf file. click on my name in the upper left corner and follow the link.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks
DAN L is online now   Reply With Quote