Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2019, 10:17 AM   #1

2 nagging issues with our new to us 42E

Hi, so we've been working out all of the kinks out and trying to learn about all of the new aspects with our 14 Meridian 42E and these 2 things are kicking our asses. It has the Matrix 4X4 HDMI box and while everything seems to working we can't get the bedroom TV to work via the IR. We put it on source 3 which is what is should be, and we can change it from the box but cannot change it with the remote. Then when we change the TV in the main area it changes both of the TVs. Our keyless entry doesn't seem to be working. If you click the lock or unlock button the lights blink like a car with keyless but that's all the happens. It doesn't lock or unlock the door. Any ideas on either of these things? Thanks guy, Mike
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #2

The door has to be closed for the contacts to conduct the signal to the lock in the door.

That being said, those little brass connects for the door tend to get loose or have loose wires. Check the door contacts...
mjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeffrey View Post
The door has to be closed for the contacts to conduct the signal to the lock in the door.

That being said, those little brass connects for the door tend to get loose or have loose wires. Check the door contacts...
Thanks :-) I'm going to check the brass contacts and wires this morning. I just went out and the top brass contact on the door itself seems to be stuck roughly halfway in, in comparison to the other 4. I'm going to pull it apart and check it and the wires right now.
Old 04-03-2019, 11:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger29 View Post
Thanks :-) I'm going to check the brass contacts and wires this morning. I just went out and the top brass contact on the door itself seems to be stuck roughly halfway in, in comparison to the other 4. I'm going to pull it apart and check it and the wires right now.
All fixed and thank you very much. One wire was totally off of the connector and what a hokey set up that is. I'll be pulling that whole deal apart and re-doing and soldering all of the connections so it doesn't happen again.