Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-16-2005, 08:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Just checking to see if any of you know if the Y2K 35U Adventurer on the Ford Chassis has any known issues.

Also, wondering if any of you know what the CCC of the model is.

Is the Toad considered part of the CCC? It's not on the chassis.. so I don't know.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Just checking to see if any of you know if the Y2K 35U Adventurer on the Ford Chassis has any known issues.

Also, wondering if any of you know what the CCC of the model is.

Is the Toad considered part of the CCC? It's not on the chassis.. so I don't know.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2000 35U Ford chassis. I bought it used and the previous owner dealt with any recalls and other issues. The CCC is 20,500 and GCVW is 26,000 The entire breakdown is on a plaque in the walk in closet. The trailer hitch on mine is rated for 5000lbs but only 350 tongue weight. You might try and contact Ford with your VIN and they can tell you of recalls and maybe even if they have been attended to. Searching here and other forums will answer many of your questions. Enjoy

1997 Jeep Wrangler
hotrod 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Like hotrod 32 we bought our 2000 used and the previous owner had the recalls done. I do know there was a recall on the refrigerator and one on a dash warning light (maybe the one for low brake fluid). I just changed out the original shocks at 21000 miles, day and night difference in handling. Other than those items I have not had any problems other than rattles and such that I have fixed to suit me. One other thing does come to mind. Changing oil the first time I noticed it took 7 quarts to fill to the full line on the dip stick. The engine with a new filter only takes 6 quarts (verified by Ford). After the first oil change the engine used that extra quart real quick. Next change I only added 6 quarts as called for, so the dip stick showed it was a quart low. But the engine did not use any. So maybe the dip sticks are not correct in some or all of the 2000 models.

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I do not know the correct CCC, but it ain't 20500 lbs. Go to Winnebago industries /products and then previous years. There is a lot of info on the 35U but not enough to determine CCC. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Great White,
Gross Vehicle Weight: 20,500#s
Unloaded Vehicle Weight: 16,941#s
Net Carrying Capacity: 3,559#s
Gross Combined Vehicle Weight: 26,000#s
Subtract-Water 558#s & 154#s per sleeping capacity & the weight of propane (about 100#s) to get the CCC.

Known issue is if it has a T-handle oil dipstick it is reading wrong. The loop handle is the correct one. Some of the Ford dealers were even wrong on this one. There was a recall on the brake warning light. Norcold had a recall on the cooling units on some of that years frig. Current add in MH magazine has a pullout section w/$50 reward to take care of recall. The roof seams on Winnebago's are subject to caulk failing, easily fixed w/eternabond in about a couple of hrs. Other than that it's a super unit. One of Winnies most popular models & we have been enjoying ours to the utmost. The above figures were taken off of our spec sheet, as sprevious poster said that info should be in the wardrobe.
Fred B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Sorry about the incorrect CCC but it was clarifiied later. Ii just had the oil changed and they put in 7 so I guess i'll have to burn off 1. One other item that has popped up in the past is your V10 and its' horsepower. The VIN will tell you if it is in the 200 0r 300's The letter I beleive is an X or Y. I don't recall the specifics but if you do a V10 horspower search it will be explained.

1997 Jeep Wrangler
hotrod 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I have 2000 35u and you better check the roof where it connects the side for any small crack. My entire roof from front to back on the driver side came off with app.30,000 mile the dealer in KN. told me he has repaired 6 or 7 and the Manf. will not stand behind it. Thay even make a repair kit for dealer to purchase to fix the problem which they do not have.
22 rim fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:42 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GreatWhite:
Is the Toad considered part of the CCC? It's not on the chassis.. so I don't know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If you are towing four wheels down, then no - it doesn't subtract from your CCC. If you pull a trailer/tow dolly, then yes - the tongue weight of the trailer/dolly is a factor in your CCC calculations.

--John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:20 PM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hotrod 32:
I just had the oil changed and they put in 7 so I guess i'll have to burn off 1. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not really a great idea. You not only risk blowing the main seals; but overfilling can also lead to inadequate lubrication, due to the oil foaming excessively. If it weere my rig, I would loosen off the drain plug, and dump a quart; and then make a mental note as where on the dipstick the full-mark **should** be.

The next time you get your oil changed, make sure only 6 quarts have been added, and then scribe that position on the dipstick with a file.
Stan Birch is offline   Reply With Quote