RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #1

2002 Adventurer

Looking at purchasing a 2002 Winnie Adventurer, it has 77,000 miles and is listed for $27,000. Does that seem like a fair number, the unit is in really good condition, has been kept indoors most its life (except when used 5 months out of the year). Interior looks almost brand new. NADA says $21,000, are those numbers accurate or highly skewed? What would you say the MH is worth?

ready2leave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2leave View Post
Looking at purchasing a 2002 Winnie Adventurer, it has 77,000 miles and is listed for $27,000. Does that seem like a fair number, the unit is in really good condition, has been kept indoors most its life (except when used 5 months out of the year). Interior looks almost brand new. NADA says $21,000, are those numbers accurate or highly skewed? What would you say the MH is worth?
Do you know what chassis it is on and anything about how it has been maintained. How old are the tires? Dealer or private seller?

edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #3

I bought new an 02 Adventure, 32 ft. and now has 60K miles.
In the spring while in FL. we had 3 duel pane windows reworked
at a cost of $1,000. Will be installing 6 new Michelin tires at $2,500
within the month. If I were to sell I would ask 22/24 and try to get
$20,000. Also it is on the workhorse chassis, which in my much
better than the v-10 of the same era. Garaged sense new.

Depending on the length, chassis, tires, 30/50 amp service to coach
an all the other variables. I am thinking a little high. But could be wrong.

I buy MH, boats, and motorcycles in the fall/winter, I sell such in the
spring/summer. Just my input....no charge........coopcolt
coopcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:00 PM   #4

Work horse chassis 8.1 Vortec V8 with Allison 6 Speed Transmission.

Tires are new, seller said there haven't been any major repairs done, not sure how I feel about that, either really well maintained or a ticking time bomb. Has been stored indoors when not in use. Selling because they upgraded to a DP.
ready2leave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:52 PM   #5

Thinking in 02 Allison was 4/5 speed, did not come with tran-sen(sp)
synthetic fluid. Make sure it has been changed with filter.
I have changed mine maybe 3 or 4 times after the first two changes.
I just drop two gallons out the pan, new filter and replace.
I have to assume the brakes and calipers have been reeplaced.
Workhorse replaced mine TWICE,and I replaced the brake pads
once when I smoked them in upstate NY.
My basement air has been no problem but not operating at 100%.
And to replace it a new one is +2,500.
Also I would NOT buy a MH with 30 amp. service.
Maybe have someone that knows what he is looking at to help
you make this purchase.....coopcolt
coopcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2leave View Post
Work horse chassis 8.1 Vortec V8 with Allison 6 Speed Transmission.....

WHICH Workhorse chassis? P32 or W series? Yes, it matters.

IF the sixth position of the chassis vin # is a "6", then it is a W-22 series.

IF that position is a "3" or a "5", it is a P32 chassis.
The W series has an Allison 5 speed (not six) 1000 series tranny, and the P32 is a GM 4 speed (not Allison)
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #7

we have a 2004 adventurer 35U .. have an appointment to have the edges of the roof re-sealed .. before the wind catches it and rips it or peels it back .. no visible signs of a potential problem .. had a reputable RV tech examine the roof and he found two spots near the corners that were spongy.. he informed us that winnebago has a history of this type of roof issue and should the rubber membrane get torn a new roof is nearly 20K .. I would have some one take a close look at the roof edges .. typically this is the time/age according to the tech that this type of roof issue surfaces .. just a FYI
gpshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:47 PM   #8

We just recently purchased a 35 ft 2000 Adventurer from the original owner (on consignment at Poulsbo RV) He had every receipt since new including invoice etc, new Michelin's, brakes, batteries w/52k on V-10, like new everywhere with 50 amp service, leather like new.

I got it for 23k Nada was about 19k, I'm thinking I should have paid about 20k, but am ok at 23k.
I think a really good one with receipts, very clean, new tires etc is worth more than NADA IMO. We have taken several trips & really love the quality & the way the coach drives! I think they led the pack back in the early 2000's!
lincolnmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:42 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
for what it is worth my 06 is w24 workhorse chass, 8.1 vortec 50 amp 38ft 11in. has 58k miles, with the option nada was 55/67 just base price was 47/57. the owner was asking 54900 i paid 45 cash and he held the unit til i was able to sell my house so i had cash (2 months)

i was offered what i paid for it and i thought about it ONLY because it is a gasser and i thought a dp would be better for my towing needs (which it would be).

i was unable to find a floorplan as great as the 38t. there were a lot of nice dp in the 45k price range.

but fact that we live in the the unit the floor plan is most important. the 03/04 fleetwood revolution was the next best floorplan.

but the WORST customer service i have ever dealt with. this is also an important thing since there is going to be issues.

now back to weather it is worth it a product is only worth as much as some one is willing to pay. however more info would be nice. what floorplan, what options, what size is the unit, are your nada prices the base price or the prices with the option and mileage included, what will you use the unit for fulltime or family trips.

most important does the floorplan work for your needs, fit in your budget, do you want it and are you comfortable at that price.

you can always try to get him to go lower to your budget needs. keep in mind cash in hand makes a big statement.
Old 05-18-2019, 11:28 AM   #10

As a point of reference we sold our 2001 Adventurer 32V on the Ford chassis in 2013 for about the same price as the seller is asking for the unit you're looking at. In our case it was also stored indoors, had new tires, new batteries, and new brakes. The interior and exterior were immaculate, with all appliances and systems working perfectly.

Ours had more miles on it with a little less than 110,000 on the odometer.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:22 PM   #11

2002 Adventurer

I sold my '02 Adventurer 33V on the Ford V10 about 6 months ago with 75k on it. Very clean, super nice interior. Decals decent, paint dull in some areas, stored outside. Mine went for 20k so I think you could get the price down several thou to a more realistic price.

Fyi, up till '03 they had potential spark plug blowout issues although I never had it happen to me. 02 is also I think one of the last years before they went to 3 valve with more HP. It was a very nice ride and a quality built RV. I think the wood, fabric, interior is better than on todays units. Never had a bit of trouble with anything on it including basement air, engine, or overheating.
jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:38 PM   #12

2000 35U bought in Nov 2018. Has almost every option available, basement heat pump and winterization system. New refrigerator and convection oven. Did need new tires. Well maintained even new decals installed. 43k miles. F53 chassis. Looks new. $18,500.

Tags
adventurer, vent