Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2017, 08:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2002 itasca Suncruiser 32v

We are possibly looking at a 2002 itasca suncruiser 32v. I would appreciate any feedback from current and past owners. Its quite a long way from us (plane ride) so, so far have only seen pics on line. I am trying to find one locally (Phoenix) to look at.

One specific thing I need to know but cant easily tell from photos and specs is external storage capacities.

All help appreciated.
Kentonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentonjm View Post
We are possibly looking at a 2002 itasca suncruiser 32v. I would appreciate any feedback from current and past owners. Its quite a long way from us (plane ride) so, so far have only seen pics on line. I am trying to find one locally (Phoenix) to look at.

One specific thing I need to know but cant easily tell from photos and specs is external storage capacities.

All help appreciated.
Here's a link to the 2002 Suncruiser brochure on the Winnebago website.

https://winnebagoind.com/resources/b...ruiser-bro.pdf

Page 11 has the storage capacities. It appears the 32V has 54 cubic feet of outside storage. We had a 2001 Adventurer 32V which is almost identical to the 2002 Suncruiser. The only differences I am aware of is the 2002 has a bedroom slide while the 2001 didn't.

Ours was on the Ford chassis. It was a great motorhome. We put about 115,000 miles on our before trading it off on a 2013 Adventurer 32H.

We traveled with it extensively (sometimes as long as 4 months at a time) for over 12 years and never needed more external storage. Every 2 years we would pull everything out of the storage compartments and do an inventory. If an item hadn't been used in the last 4 years we left it at home. We never wished we'd left anything in the compartments we removed for lack of use.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks, our issue is not really the total cubic feet but the largest space there is as we have a few items that would need to be with us that are rather long and or wide.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

If I recall correctly the slide on the drivers side is 17' long. There are no partitions between the compartment doors on the "STOREMORE" cabinet below. I believe they are a little over 2' deep and around 30" high.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks, I did not realize there were no partitions. From the floor plan in the brochure it seems that the dinette and couch on the inside of the slide add up to just over 10'. It looks like with three compartments in that "storemore" the entries into that compartment cant be much more than 3' long. Not sure if thats going to be enough to allow us to maneuver what we need inside.

I am trying to find one the same or close near home so I can go and take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
If I recall correctly the slide on the drivers side is 17' long. There are no partitions between the compartment doors on the "STOREMORE" cabinet below. I believe they are a little over 2' deep and around 30" high.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Kentonjm, We have the 2002 Adventurer 32v with the Chevy engine. We actually went to Scottsdale, AZ to purchase it. The one thing we needed to know before we bought it was if it would pass California smog. So before we started over to look at it the owner took it into California and had it smoged. Once that was done we started our trip to AZ.
I can look tomorrow morning for you to see the size of the bins, also there is a lot of storage under the bed with the lift up platform. Don't know if that would help you out.
Another thing, is the basement air which I really like but it does take up more bin storage. We are not fulltimers so that is not an issue with us. Hope this helps, will get more info for you tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Kentonjm, The opening is 36 in. x 18 in. x 20 deep, and 5ft long inside. You have to angle a long item in. Hope this helps.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Forgot to tell you the third bin on the stormore does not connect with the to front ones.

Tags
itasca, suncruiser