Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2020, 04:12 PM   #1

2002 Itasca Sunova - Slider motors

[B]Greetings to all,

I have a 2002 Itasca Sunova C27 with the Workhorse motor since 2002, second owner.

This unit has a single slide with 2 motors.

I need to replace these motors and Winnebago Industries no longer has them.

The part number for these is 138173-01-706

We have tried Lippert and Kwikee both say the units are not available and there is no replacement.

If anyone out there has a suggestion, please let me know.

Thank you,

Dave Schaadt
Dgschaadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2020, 05:26 PM   #2

2002 Itasca Sunova - Slider motors

Post deleted.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Probably the same motors in my '05. I recall reading somewhere the slide control module is also unobtainium. Watching this thread for any inspiration.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Mark_K5LXP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:53 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hmm, not much traffic on this one. Which means it's probably a problem not a lot of people have dealt with directly.

i guess the first question would be are both motors really bad? Seems surprising both would fail simultaneously, I would expect one to fail before the other. By extension if both aren't working, I would suspect a power or ground problem before I assumed that both motors were suddenly bad. I guess where I'm going with this is before one goes through the trouble of sourcing or retrofitting replacement motors, make sure the ones you have are really bad first.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Old 01-11-2020, 10:34 PM   #5

I too was curious as to how the OP determined it was the motors. Kinda strange that both are out at the same time.

We have a 2003 Sunova 27C and I have a feeling it may have the same slide motors as the OP's. Will try to get the part number off one of the motors tomorrow and if so, do some searching on the net myself to see what I can find.

The one place I'd check for a replacement motor would be Lichtsinn RV. The Kwikee jacks started leaking on our rig and they ended up having the replacements at the best price.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:46 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
05 Sunova here, can't imagine they'd use too many different slide drive motors across various models of this vintage. Which to me translates to salvage yard opportunities if one could come up with a base part number and OEM details to search with. Tearing into it one might discover the assembly might allow for a slightly different form factor, or the form factor that's there is common among off the shelf units. In my experience motor failures are more often brush hardware or bearing issues, sometimes the windings but not usually. I've mixed and matched hardware from other motors to effect a fix so with all the possible combinations of solutions for this type of problem it's not if but how it would be fixed. Back to the original question though I'd rule out an electrical problem before I started tearing into the slide/drive mechanicals.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Old 01-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #7

@ Mudfrog, thank you for jumping in on this one, we have experienced motor issues for a while and finally decided to swap them out. There is a lot to changing out the motors and the diagnostics lights identified the rear motor was drawing too much on the amps leading us to believe it was failing. We pulled out the front motor and found that one was also having issues. Really appreciate your information and will keep this post going until I finalize and get our rig back.

Thanks again,

Dave
Old 01-13-2020, 09:37 AM   #8

Mark,

These motors failed over a period of time, we just decided that since there was so much to changing out these motors we have them both done.

I appreciate your input and will continue to post until we receive our rig back.

Thanks again,

Dave

Tags
itasca, slide