RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #15

Speaking of filters, early last year, my stupid GPS sent me on a wild goose chase trying to find a friends farm house. I spend an hour wandering around over dirt and dust packed farm roads. Turned out my friend was 6 miles away on the opposite side of town. Driving on those roads really stirred up the dust and it was caked on the back of the RV clear up to the roof. And that fall I figured it was best to change the filter.

RV only had 70,000 miles on it (these big filters are good for 100,000 ol' timer truckers will tell you except in heavy duty use) and my RV air scoop is way up on the side of the rig near the roof so I felt safe driving from Iowa clear back to Oregon to my favorite shop.

When the shop removed the filter and banged it on the ground, whoa, looked like two cups of fine dust fell out. Probably would have been better to get it changed in Iowa, but it seemed to work out anyway. So far.

Lesson learned was to not take my RV on dust choked roads. I'll be unhooking the toad and use it to search for an addy next time.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #16

Location: 2007 jeep wrangler toad. lifted and locked.US Army Vet 1972-1975 2nd Armored Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
Speaking of filters, early last year, my stupid GPS sent me on a wild goose chase trying to find a friends farm house. I spend an hour wandering around over dirt and dust packed farm roads. Turned out my friend was 6 miles away on the opposite side of town. Driving on those roads really stirred up the dust and it was caked on the back of the RV clear up to the roof. And that fall I figured it was best to change the filter.

RV only had 70,000 miles on it (these big filters are good for 100,000 ol' timer truckers will tell you except in heavy duty use) and my RV air scoop is way up on the side of the rig near the roof so I felt safe driving from Iowa clear back to Oregon to my favorite shop.

When the shop removed the filter and banged it on the ground, whoa, looked like two cups of fine dust fell out. Probably would have been better to get it changed in Iowa, but it seemed to work out anyway. So far.

Lesson learned was to not take my RV on dust choked roads. I'll be unhooking the toad next time.
Agree, and I also shut down my basement a/c before pulling into dirt parking lots.stirs up alot of dust!

G jeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Hereíre some more part numbers for that ECO-SE air filter (from another posting by JaminSamin):
Parker Rancor and FL Far: 114880.003
Wix: 46748
Donaldson: P537454
Baldwin: PA3493
Fleet Guard: AH1197
Luberfiner: LAF1934
Wow,
Mine comes nowhere near those part numbers. Mine is a FARR 094973 007

But, being that it's the Horizon of '04, and the exhaust vents on the passengers side rear, I can see maybe the differences.
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:34 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Go on Filterbarn.com, your filter number cross references to Baldwin PA30073. $129.76.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:47 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Wow,

But, being that it's the Horizon of '04, and the exhaust vents on the passengers side rear, I can see maybe the differences.
Yup, I also have the Parker/Racor 094973007 ECO-BC filter on my 2005 Vectra. I get mine from my local Freightliner dealer.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I think exhaust for Cat exits on drivers side and Cummins exits on passenger side..

I changed my filter myself last summer and found there are several elbows and whats not to remove so the filter can actually be removed; it really was an easy job and as someone mentioned I installed all new clamps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Wow,

Old 01-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesflhtk View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I think exhaust for Cat exits on drivers side and Cummins exits on passenger side..

I changed my filter myself last summer and found there are several elbows and whats not to remove so the filter can actually be removed; it really was an easy job and as someone mentioned I installed all new clamps..
Don't go too far out on that limb ; On my Vectra 36RD the Cat exhaust is on the right and the ECO-BC Engine Air Filter is on the left rear corner, mounted vertically. Easy access and quick to change...

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Don't go too far out on that limb ; On my Vectra 36RD the Cat exhaust is on the right and the ECO-BC Engine Air Filter is on the left rear corner, mounted vertically. Easy access and quick to change...
Yep, EXACERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott

FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, journey