Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #1

2004 Winnebago Energy Management System

I have a Powerline 2000 energy management system in my Winnebago Adventurer. I keep it plugged in while in storage in my yard to keep batteries up. The monitoring system worked great, monitored usage in meter and the 30 amp light was lit. I umplugged 30 source and fired up the Onan generator as a monthly activity and it came up an ran fine. I powered down and plugged the coach back into 30 Amp source and guess what, the management system has a 50 amp light lit and does not monitor any current drain. I have done this numerous times and I do believe that it always went back to monitoring drain and indicated 30 Amps.
I called the PowerLine support group and was told that the water heater had to be turned on when plugging in for it to sense and recognize all appliances and stay o 30 amps. I have never done this before as I drain the water heater and do not want to turn on empty, will burn out electric element. It seems to me a relay is getting stuck or something similar.
Anyone have the same experience, do I need to get in for repair?
gorgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
KIX

The water heater 110v breaker does need to be on on some systems. That sounds like what they are telling you. You should have a switch (other than the breaker) to control 110v to the water heater. If no water in heater leave the switch off (not the breaker).
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago