Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #1

2005 Journey 39K

We are looking at possibly purchasing a 2005 Winnebago 39K with approx 50k miles. Anything in particular to check for, besides the usual tires,roof,etc. Enough storage for full time travel/living? Any engine/chassis issues to be aware of? Thanks in advance for your help!
Ezdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezdady View Post
We are looking at possibly purchasing a 2005 Winnebago 39K with approx 50k miles. Anything in particular to check for, besides the usual tires,roof,etc. Enough storage for full time travel/living? Any engine/chassis issues to be aware of? Thanks in advance for your help!
We have a similar coach and have been full timing for 7 years. We love it mostly for the floor plan. If you like the floorplan I think you'd be happy with that coach. Floorplan is probably the most Important thing about any RV. Storage too if you will be full-time or snowbird.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just fyi, here's the 2005 Journey Brochure, in case you haven't seen it, and here's the Built-on-Freightliner info for the chassis.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #4

We have a 2007 Journey 39K and love it. The only thing I missed when doing my own PDI (bought used) was all the leaking hoses on the HWH slides and jacks. Look under the front steps where the HWH pump and solenoid manifold are and see if there is any leakage. Also look just behind each slide a the balance cylinder for hoses leaking and under the bed for any leaking hoses or cylinders. I probably have about 10 hoses that I need to replace this year. Everything else have been pretty good at 45K miles.

Only other thing recently has been the alternator seizing and snapping the serp belt. That happened in the driveway, so good time to upgrade.

Good luck,
Jay
Old 04-15-2019, 09:05 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Have it inspected by an independent party (i.e. NRVIA inspectors). Saved us from buying a coach with roof issues & engine/transmission leaks.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey