Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #1

Just took a quick look at the "all new 2006 Adventurer". All new it isn't, but, there are some new things.

First and most obvious, is more ceiling height. I'd guess it's an official 7', vs. 6'8" of before. It does make a noticable difference inside. Larger (taller) slide too. They get bigger windows which is quite nice. The 37B we toured was 12'3" tall to the top of the ladder. 2004 literature says it was 11'7", quite a bit shorter. Don't know any details really.

Also new are the front and rear caps. Had to do them for the new height.

Not much else popped as new. There is a powered fantastic vent in the galley now, probably to go with the higher ceiling. Not too familiar with a 37B to notice anything else.

New literature and pricing was not available.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #2

Just took a quick look at the "all new 2006 Adventurer". All new it isn't, but, there are some new things.

First and most obvious, is more ceiling height. I'd guess it's an official 7', vs. 6'8" of before. It does make a noticable difference inside. Larger (taller) slide too. They get bigger windows which is quite nice. The 37B we toured was 12'3" tall to the top of the ladder. 2004 literature says it was 11'7", quite a bit shorter. Don't know any details really.

Also new are the front and rear caps. Had to do them for the new height.

Not much else popped as new. There is a powered fantastic vent in the galley now, probably to go with the higher ceiling. Not too familiar with a 37B to notice anything else.

New literature and pricing was not available.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #3

It is interesting that Winnie is apparently jumping on the "high ceiling" bandwagon. The See Ya's with the high ceiling were the "first kid on the block." Then Newmar came out with the Northern Star in direct competition to the See Ya and it was a flop. Newmar pulled the plug on the Northern Star recently.

I would be concerned with the additional height - as it is, I figure my Horizon with the oppressively low ceilings and King Dome is about 13' tall. Plenty tall! I have already played a tune on the CB antenna

--John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #4

I would be leary of the extra height along with the 22.5" tires. It is going to be top heavy. The gassers don't have the luxury of air ride systems where the ride height is closer to the ground, instead they appear to be a jacked up 4x4 model. I believe there will be additional handling issues. Will just have to wait and see!

07 F350 Dually Ford Diesel
R Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Handling and wind shift from the extra height could be a problem that time will tell. The interior color scheme is something that time doesn't have to wait for. Designed by my grandmother. Gaudy, dark, ugly. Hope Itasca has more common sense when their line comes out.
airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:57 AM   #6

Well anything over 12' is out of our market. Garage door is only 12'2". Have been looking at new MH's. But decided what we have will work fine for sometime.
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote