Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2006 Sun Cruiser Convection oven removel

The convection oven in our Sun Cruiser is way out of level. Ihave not been able to figure out how to remove it so that I can re shim it to level so that my wife's cakes cook evenly all the way across with no high spots. It is about a 1/2" to 3/4" out of level front to back. Any ideas on how to remove it would be a great help and may get my wife to bake a little more often.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
microwave.

Sir...
Not sure if yours is the same but on our 2005 Journey I removed the microwave/convection oven.

Mine had several sheet metal screws in the cabinet over the unit that were under a thin piece of plywood that was the bottom of the cabinet. The screws went into the outer shell of the microwave.

There were also two built in long bolts which the heads were towards the front of the microwave on the bottom of the unit. The long bolts screwed into the plate mounted to the wall behind the microwave. The bolts do not actually come all the way out, they just unscrew from the built in threads on the wall bracket.

Then the unit just lifts up enough to disengage several claws on the back.

Mark
malk415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Are you speaking about a gas convection oven or a microwave convection oven?

Rather than removing it, before baking put a level in the oven and level accordingly. Then re-level.

FJF
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Smile

Thanks for the ideas and help. I have given the level and re-level idea some thought before but feel that it should have been level to start. Since I was a master mechanic for over 27 years I just hate it when some thing that should be right to start with isn't. By the way it is a convection/microwave.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #5

railrider1, I had to remove mine once to replace. Anyway on my sharp unit the mounting bolts go through the bottom front on each side and angle at a 45 to the top back of the cabinet mount. I found the bolts when I removed the filters. They are long bolts, but only use about 3/4 of the thread where they go into the top mount. Have someone hold it while you remove the bolts or use some type of platform under the unit. If you have the same type as mine it will then swing down, lift it up off the "lip" and move it out of the way. You can then install the mount correctly and reinstall the unit. The bolts go through a channel so they are easy to line up. Hope this helps you out. Good Luck.

George