Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Jim and Sue,

Congratulations!!!!

I am sure you'll love your new coach (been following your posts!).

If the lack of the oven is a big issue for you, go visit Winnie in Forrest City, and I'd bet you could get them to install one for you. As per my prior post, they did for me on order of our new coach. But you might miss that dish washer!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Enjoy and let us know how it goes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Thanks all. I will keep you posted on how the PDI goes.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

That's a long way to go! How did you shop this rig?

Nick, Journey '01
Old 02-26-2007, 11:51 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by traveler of california:
That's a long way to go! How did you shop this rig?

Nick, Journey '01 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick, I test drove one here in Ca. Stopped at many dealers while we were traveling and shopped many dealers over the internet and phone till I found the best deal for us. Being fulltimers going across the country isn't a big thing for us. We have to be on the east coast by summer anyway.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 02-26-2007, 05:32 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

The only complaint is the space between the bed and rear closet. There is only 15" which makes for tight going on the middle of the night.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #26
Winnebago Master

Bill, that is a valid point and my wife has already claimed the other side of the bed. I can live with that inconvienence. We have decided that little used items (winter clothes, heavy boots, chains and whips ) will go in that end of the closet. With the other closet in the isle it seems like it should work. Thanks for your thoughts.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 02-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations!!!!
Jim and Sue

I am sure you will enjoy your new Vectra TD. We have only had ours since December but enjoy it more enverytime we take it out. The ride & handling is great.

Enjoy and let us know how you like it.
Gary & Susan Mears
[email protected]
Gary_Phoenix, AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:22 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary_Vectra:
Congratulations!!!!
Jim and Sue

I am sure you will enjoy your new Vectra TD. We have only had ours since December but enjoy it more enverytime we take it out. The ride & handling is great.

Enjoy and let us know how you like it.
Gary & Susan Mears
[email protected] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary or Susan, I noticed something on a couple of 40 td's I looked at. On the corner end table under the large tv there is a drawer that comes out. It was scuffing the top of the countertop on 2 models I looked at. Have you noticed this on your unit?

Thanks
Jim

Our Webpage
Old 02-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Jim, Haven't had any scuffing on the counter top yet. We are getting use to the back closet now and it not as much of a problem as we first thought.

If you are your wife are tall check your head clearance when standing at back closet if you have ceiling fan on.

Gary
Old 02-28-2007, 07:16 PM   #30
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary_Vectra:
Jim, Haven't had any scuffing on the counter top yet. We are getting use to the back closet now and it not as much of a problem as we first thought.

If you are your wife are tall check your head clearance when standing at back closet if you have ceiling fan on.

Gary </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are not that tall. I assume that both ceiling fans are 12 volts like our Journey is?
I appreciate your input. We are only 2188 miles till we get to visit our prospective new coach!

Thanks
Jim

Our Webpage
Old 02-28-2007, 07:42 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Jim, Looks like your in the Prescott area are you going to be in Phoenix?

Gary
Old 03-01-2007, 03:58 AM   #32
Winnebago Master

Jim, Looks like your in the Prescott area are you going to be in Phoenix?

Gary </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We will be driving thru there today or tomorrow. We will be stopping at Cabelas in Glendale today.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 03-16-2007, 04:26 PM   #33
Winnebago Master

We are now in the 07 Vectra 40TD. We had a few days of waiting for items to be corrected that we found at PDI. The main issue was a leaking fresh water tank which was replaced. The replacement of that created more issues.

When they replaced the tank they ignored the routing of the tank overflow vents. The vents are supposed to overflow overboard. With the installation of the new tank they managed to kink the overflow lines and had them sitting in the basement storage! Guess what happend when I filled the tank? I thought it was taking a long time to see the water peeing out (like I was used to on our Journey) and then I saw water coming from everywhere in the basement. We had already relocated to a park near Wauchula, Fl. I decided to fix the problem myself and was able to reroute the vent lines, vacuum out the water and rent a carpet drying fan. I am already working with the dealer for compensation.

We are loving this new coach. It is quiet while driving down the road, no sqweaks or rattles. The floorplan really works for us. The only complaint is access to the rear closet, it is a bit close to the bed.

We find the kitchen counter top space adequate for our life style. My wife is starting to enjoy the speed cook oven.

The tv can be seen while sitting or laying on the passanger side sofa. The tv can also be seen from the front driver and passanger seats when rotated aft.

The little computer desk (behind the front passanger seat) is actually functional. We are having a custom computer table/dinette made for us and will pick that up in a week or 2.

I have my portable internet dish wires routed in from the left side slide near the frige drain. I still have to install the solar panels I removed from the Journey. We could not find a place to mount the catylitic heater in this coach so I left it in the Journey.

I will take some pictures and post them in the next couple of days.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 03-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations Jim & Sue

I know you will enjoy your Vectra. I would be interested in seeing a picture of the computer table / dinette when you have one. Let us know when you come back through Phoenix would like to meet up with you.

Gary & Susan
Old 03-17-2007, 07:06 AM   #35
Winnebago Master

Wow!!! You must feel like you're in a castle--- I'll bet you really like the open space you have now.

Water problems? ... boy does that sound familiar. We've had a flood in ever one of the 4 rv's I've ever owned. And two were spanking new Winnebagos like yours.

If you want to keep the squeaks & rattles to a minimum over time, I think you're going to have to invest in the Koni FSD shocks (if/when they are available). Got a about 1000 miles on my Koni's and they make a huge difference on the softer ride. I equate it to airing down the tires to where it feels like you are absorbing all the little bumps & expansion joints --- resulting in a lot less jarring of the cabinets, slideouts, and everything that begins to rattle in due time.

Enjoy that new rig!

Duner
Old 03-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #36
Winnebago Master

Here is a photo of the outside.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 03-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner

I was really looking forward to the 40TD either Tour or Vectra. When I finally saw one I was disappointed with the VERY narrow door between the bath & bedroom. I looked at the Adventurer and loved it and bought it the same day. I wanted diesel but will settle for gas. Very nice unit...and cheaper. Let me know what you think...
PORCHDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:38 AM   #38
Winnebago Master

Here are some interior pictures. We had the dinette table made for us at Lazy Days. It is similar to the factory computer/dinette option. The wood appears a bit darker and reder in the pictures than it actually is.

Jim

Our Webpage
Old 03-30-2007, 06:00 PM   #39
Winnebago Master

I had the chance to meet Jim and Sue at Lazy Days and see their new coach a couple days ago. The Job Lazy Days did looks as good as the Winnie factory! I was very impressed with the capabilites at this facility, including their cabinet shop.

Great meeting you and Sue, and happy travels!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:45 AM   #40
Winnebago Master

Thanks Pusherman, maybe we will see you up north this summer. Did you install the windshield cover?

Jim

Our Webpage