RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2010, 02:18 AM   #1

2007 Winnebago Vista

Hey all,
Long time lurker here. I'm looking at trading in the 5th wheel for a barely used(5500 miles) 2007 Vista (F53 chassis). Interior and exterior are all in excellent shape. Anything I should be aware of or on the look out for on this year and model?

Thanks!
Dan

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoyle View Post
Anything I should be aware of or on the look out for on this year and model?
Dan, Just be diligent when you are doing your PDI and try to catch anything that might be a major problem before it leaves the dealer. Take the Vista out for a ride and don't be afraid to put it through its paces ... after all its not yours "yet"

The Vista is a nice rig and it's a great way to start off your transition from 5th wheel to motorhome. Good luck!

DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #3

Hello Dan,

I have a 2007 Vista that I purchased summer of 2008 with Winnebago and Ford warranties still intact. I have had excellent service with both Ford and Winnebago and they in turn have been awfully good to me. After completing my trip from Las Cruces, NM, I heard a whine coming from the rear axle and sure enough, it was the pinion bearing going bad. Ford came through and replaced the rear gear assembly without a whimper. Winnebago stepped up and took care of fibreglass bubbling behind driver's front wheel and then proceeded to replace the bottom moldings on both sides after the regional rep inspected the coach.

Have I had a lot of problems with the Vista, No. Have I been on top of challenges that come with being an owner of a motor home, Yes. Would I recommend this model to anyone else, you bet! Am I a big fan of Winnebago and Ford, Yes I am! My next coach will probably be a Winnebago with a step up from this model. Feel free to post me if you have additional questions or concerns.
pyoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #4

07 Vista

We had an 07 Vista...the 30B floorplan on the Ford chasis...put 10K miles on it...about half of which was pulling a Honda CRV. Had nothing but good times. The only trouble we had with it was the heater hose that brings hot water off the motor and up to the dash heater core was pinched at some point and developed a leak. That was a pain. Especially learning that you "have to" use the Ford antifreeze. Other than that, ours came with only one house battery which really didn't hack it, I replaced it with 2 golf cart batteries and that made a big difference when dry camping. We had a few minor warranty issues that were all handled right away. We had such a good experience that we just recently traded in the 30B for a Itasca Suncruiser 32H...not that we didn't like the Vista, we just found the 32H floorplan to better suit us, and we like the ride of the 22K ford chasis better than the chasis on the Vista.
Crankarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #5

I have a 2007 sightseer. F53. The only dislike I have is how hard the frontend rides. Going down concrete freeways it rattles everything hard. I am going to replace shocks and see if that helps. 22000 miles on it. All else is acceptable.
2004 Jeep TJ 4"lift 35" tires 4:56 gears
Mark & Carole Big Bear, Ca. RVM 54
Phoenix2551 is offline   Reply With Quote