Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2008 Voyage 33V

I am currently considering a 2008 Voyage 33V that has about 40,000 miles on it for our first motorhome, would like to know if there have been any major issues with this model and anything that I should really check, the pictures look decent but we all know some pictures can be deceiving and it's the pictures they are not showing need to be checked carefully, it looks good and I like the brand, so any advise is appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Derek.
Dermec is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2018, 07:50 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
OK it's 10 years old. So check the history of maintenance on everything. The engine should have had the plugs and boots changed by now, no matter the mileage. Oil, oil filter, air filter, Engine gas filter, Power Steering fluid, Bake fluid, transmission fluid, Generator oil, generator oil filter, gen air filter, gen gas filter, check the tires for date of manufacture (they date out after 7 years no matter how good they look), Coach and Chassis Batteries (all coach batteries should have same date) (all batteries should be no more than around 3 years old).

All of the things I mentioned can cost you a pretty penny if not done, tires alone run about $2400, Transmission flush $400, Brake flush $400 and so and so forth. These are all maintenance items that are required by this time in the life of MH.

The other things to check are all of the systems working properly, Dash AC, roof AC's, refer, all tank indications. Look for any discolorations on the ceilings (signs of water damage, roof leaks) climb on roof and check all of the caulking around all of the fixtures and look for gaps in it.

There are more things to look at but the list is long. The model overall was very good and dependable.
But remember, it is a MH and it got used a lot so it will not be perfect.
Check NADA for suggested price and compare to what they want. IT's always a good place to start.
Good luck and may the MH Gods be with you.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:14 PM   #3

I have a 2007 33' voyage purchased brand new, after initial problems of manufacturing defects. We have enjoyed our coach now for many years although we had done quite a lot of improvements through out our coach and dealt with minor issues. Unless the coach your looking at has been abused I would think as long as the normal oil changes have taken place and the owner gives you an honest opinion of its maintenance records over the years it should be fine. Its always a gamble with New or Used RVs based on my experience it seems no one can guarantee a problem won't pop up even when you buy brand new.
Good Luck its a coin toss no matter who you listen to
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 05:23 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks

Thanks for the responses, I am still looking at the Voyage, especially as the price has been reduce a little, it has a Solar panel but not sure what that will do and has also had suspension upgrades and steering stabilizer, now it's just a matter of persuading the other half the agree as she likes a Pursuit and an ACE.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #5

Dermec. We bought a 2007 last month. We bought it for a great price and very low mileage but there were several things wrong with it. I just about have everything fixed now and will be taking it out next week. I really like the unit and the air in the basement works better than any roof air we have ever had. (hope it keeps working lol) Let me know if you get the one your looking at. This is our 5th Motorhome and umpteenth RV.
BillB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
A/C

I cannot find anything that shows the A/C BTU's on a Voyage, here in TX I need as many as I can get
Old 10-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #7

DERMEC, did you buy the Voyage? We have used ours now for a month long trip and have found it to be wonderful, I think you will love the basement air
BillB100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:21 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Voyage

Unfortunately I was unable to get a day off work, working 6 days a week sucks, but it is what it is, the Voyage now has a "Sale Pending" on it so will see if that falls off but I doubt that so we keep looking.

Tags
voyage