Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
2009 Destination - Front TV Install

Well, wife and I decided that we did need a front TV. The 37 inch Flat Screen is nice, but you need to have the slide out to use it. When we make that quick overnight stop at Wal-Mart, Sams or (insert location), putting that slid out is not a viable option. The Bedroom TV suffers from a view angle problem (which is on the to-do list), if you are lying on the bed or sitting on the bed, there is not enough downward angle on the TV to really see it. Besides if I want to stay up and watch the news and the wife wants to sleep well......
The front TV was an option (61E). The wiring was not installed for this (according to Winnebago) in my motor home, but all I need is the TV Coax which I can access from the wall plate by the passenger seat.
What I would like would be pictures of this install in a Destination (2008 or 2009) or from a Latitude. What does it look like inside the cabinets to the right and left of the TV? Has anyone removed theirs and do they have pictures of the mount?

Thanks - I will take photos and post them of this project.

Michael
BTW - cross post to RV Forum.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #2

I know your problem. I have a gas rig (37 foot Bounder) that does not have a front TV nor the wiring installed. Thus, I purchased a very small 17" TV and run a cable wire out the driver side window to the TV hookup and set the little TV anywhere I want it. I can keep the volume down while my wife sleeps in the bedroom. When we are ready to travel I place the little TV behind the passenger seat on the floor. Works for us at very little cost. Good luck.
twirtcabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
My Destination is in storage so I can't get any pics for you right now. Mine came with a 32" flat screen cathode tube model. The TV fills the entire opening so I don't know what pics will show you that you need. When I get ready to change it out I believe I will mount the LED TV to the back side of a "picture frame" and attach the "picture frame" to the cabinet with a piano hinge at the top. Friends of ours did this with their overhead TV replacement and it really came out nice. The mount that holds the TV to the "picture frame" has to be custom built but you can access all of the storage behind the TV.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just bring a 15 inch flat screen with me and set it on the dash or folding table placed up front when parked and hook it to the coax outlet next to the passenger seat. When parked for a long time I use a folding table in front of the passenger seat and put the tv on the dash in front to the side so when I do computer/laptop stuff on the foldable table the tv is right in front of me. When traveling I just lay in on the bed. Greg
Old 03-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
The project is now mostly complete - Check out RV Forum -Survey of CRT TV to LCD replacements for details and pictures.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike:

Great job -looks spectacular. I had the same issue with the different VESA mounting size but think you did it smarter than I did. Amazing what you find with an inspection camera. I used a digital camera but am looking for an inspection one like you.
Congrats,
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install