Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2009 Vectra

Hello we have had a brave, adventurer, and now journey and now the logical progression is a vectra but due to survival winnie h as up graded the tour to the vectra status and journey to the tour and journet express to the journey. However the new upgraded tour does not have the IFS. I am looking at a vectra 2009 and really like it. What has been the vectras owners experieces with owning the vectras the last 2-3 years? durability, drivability, econcomy of fuel etc. My old dealer who is not a stocking dealer of either the vectra or tour has repeatedly told me of all the things wrong with vectras as well as told me the poor durability of them was the reason winnie dropped them. I have talked to wendy at winnie who assured me that that was not the reason that the vectras are no more. Opinions?? thanks tom in iowa
dogvetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I don't know why they dropped the line "AGAIN" but we love our 2005 40FD. CAT 350 does well, but Fuel mileage could be better. Although, the FD with 4 slides is heavier than most.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I talked with a Dealer here in Nashville and was told that people couldn't see paying the extra $30,000 going from the Tour to the Vectra.

I am very disappointed as we like the Vectra 40TD, and it has a dishwasher which the others does not. Looks like they have eliminated the 40TD plan as well, and the interior color schemes are very ugly. I want to see brighter colors, like red, orange, blue, and etc. not the black, brown, and puke green.

Oh, well, guess we will see for ourselves when we attend the RV show in Hershey PA.

Wanda
dr.koolwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogvetia View Post
Hello we have had a brave, adventurer, and now journey and now the logical progression is a vectra but due to survival winnie h as up graded the tour to the vectra status and journey to the tour and journet express to the journey. However the new upgraded tour does not have the IFS. I am looking at a vectra 2009 and really like it. What has been the vectras owners experieces with owning the vectras the last 2-3 years? durability, drivability, econcomy of fuel etc. My old dealer who is not a stocking dealer of either the vectra or tour has repeatedly told me of all the things wrong with vectras as well as told me the poor durability of them was the reason winnie dropped them. I have talked to wendy at winnie who assured me that that was not the reason that the vectras are no more. Opinions?? thanks tom in iowa
I can't imagine you having any regrets buying a 2009 Vectra. I would buy ours again if I had to do it over again. I can't imagine the Vectra being less durable than any other Winnebago. The dealer is into sales and doesn't have any Vectras to sell, do you suppose he would like to sell you a motorhome, any motorhome? What are the problems he says they have? Drivability has been great. Economy has been motorhome like. I get between 6.5 and 8 mpg. I cross the Rockies getting to the GNR and back.
Also take into consideration 3 mos. that I have owned mine I have driven only 5500 miles so can't talk about long term durability, long term economy, and that this is my first class A motorhome. Time will tell if in 3 or more years I am happy with my purchase. As time goes on I have become more impressed with my Vectra.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogvetia View Post

We have a 2005 Vectra AD. We took it to Alaska in 05 and again this year. We have about 55,000 miles on it. The feature we enjoy the most is the TV is down bellow, not over the dash. We replaced the couch with two recliners.....................just like home.
Most of the problems have been some what miner. The fuel tank, the last 20 gals takes for ever. If anyone knows a fix please let us know.
PAT & BETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Slow fueling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT & BETH View Post
--------------------The fuel tank, the last 20 gals takes for ever. If anyone knows a fix please let us know----------.
Try the search feature above or http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/fix-...els-46142.html
Old 09-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We love our 2009 Vectra 40WD. See a previous thread on the IFS being a deal breaker. I love everything about this MH. This one has all the options, so it also has had lots of opportunities for things to break. So far, just little stuff. I had a short in one of the power seats, my keypad entry wouldn't work and the Sirius radio stopped working. Love the dishwasher. For me, the IFS wouldn't be a deal breaker. The reason the Vectra was put in hibernation was $$$$$. People don't have as many to spend on MHs as they did a few years ago. You can't go wrong with a 2009 though. Good Luck.

Jim
jimjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

All you need to do is search this and other sites and listen to Vectra owners......This is our third winnie product, we moved up from a Journey and simply love it. I have commented many many times that my Vectra is the most reliable, with the least issues of any coach I've ever owned.

It is a dream to drive with the IFS and has plenty of power.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to JayLodge
Finishing our first season with a 2006 TOUR we just purchased last winter. Lingest trip was an 8 day week across state, but made many 3 and 4 day weekend trips. Being that we bought "used" (13,000 miles), I'm being cautious until I feel I've used, tested all the systems, etc. but we love it. We have always liked having the TV in the console, and the higher ceiling.
JayLodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAT & BETH View Post
The fuel tank, the last 20 gals takes for ever. If anyone knows a fix please let us know.
Check with Freightliner. We bought a "new" (dealer had gone bankrupt) 2007 Itasca Horizon 40TD last December. We had the fuel tank filling issue and discovered the vent was placed too low. They changed it out at no cost -- I don't know if it was a recall or under warranty.

We've made 3 long trips, have put 10,000 miles on it so far and really enjoy the TD floor plan. MPG is 7.5-8.2 at 57 mph. Have had some problems with hydraulic leaks and slides. Had misc. things fixed at GNR. Still trying to resolve HWH leak.

CoolJudy
CoolJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:04 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJudy View Post
--------- 2007 Itasca Horizon 40TD last December. We had the fuel tank filling issue and discovered the vent was placed too low. --------------

CoolJudy
They must have fixed it the next year because our 2008 Vectra 40TD fills right up to the full mark with no problem, even at the truck stop fast volume pumps.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #12

We have owned 5 Winnebago since 97, starting with an Adventurer. In 04 we bought our first DP, a Vectra AD and loved it. Then in 08 we decided to order a Vectra FD with everything we wanted in a coach. Well, we have not been dissappointed. I was really sorry to see that the Vectra was discontinued again, but I know when the market gets better, they will bring it back. I saw the new tag at GNR this year and it is nice, but they changed the chassis and don't offer the Maxum now, and that is a big plus. Ours has a 65 degree wheel cut and we can turn that thing around in a tight turn without a problem. I would see if you can get your hands on an 08 and get a good deal. Good luck.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

----60 degree -----
Old 09-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Well, that has answered just about most of my questions about the 2009 except one, since we are in A/C business, do you like the A/C's in the bay or would you prefer them on the roof? Dr. Kool likes them better in the bay, and everyone else is telling me that they are quieter.

Wanda
dr.koolwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #15

We like it. No black streaks from the roof. Yes, we lost a storage compartment, but, more importantly, we lost storage space under the queen bed. The bed is not designed to open because of vent hoses, Sleep Comfort hardware, etc. We might add an access door and re-route the "stuff" under the bed to recapture some of the valuable storage area. Has anyone done this?

The "down" air conditioner/heater is also quieter and it cools (and heats) very effectively.
CoolJudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Quote:
We like it. No black streaks from the roof. Yes, we lost a storage compartment, but, more importantly, we lost storage space under the queen bed. The bed is not designed to open because of vent hoses, Sleep Comfort hardware, etc. We might add an access door and re-route the "stuff" under the bed to recapture some of the valuable storage area. Has anyone done this?

The "down" air conditioner/heater is also quieter and it cools (and heats) very effectively.
We store some extra chairs and items not used regularly under the bed. We are careful to store them on the moving portion of the underbed so damage will not occur. We have been doing this since we bought the coach early 2007. It would be a waste not to use the space under neath the bed. It is a 2 person job to lift the bed and then set items underneath.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Basement a/c - no question.
jimjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

thanks for all your inform ation. I too saw the tour with tag but you lose the basement A/C and that would be a deal breaker for us since we have never owned a unit with such even cooling and heating with the heat pum;p thanks again tom carr
dogvetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Judy, look under your mattress and see if you have a long hinge underneath by the headboard and another underneath across, next to the end edge of the nightstand. Mine is that way (2008). The top platform board can be lifted with 3 screws at the end removed, these screws need to be in to lift the complete platform. The Vectra manual tells how to get to the engine cover by lifting the complete platform (better name?)and supporting it with a 2"x4" 6' long. It is heavy. I still need to get a 2x4 to carry for those times. There is a lot of room but because of the slide I don't know where, I would guess on the headboard end that slides in. The Sleep Comfort doesn't take much space. I doubt that I will use the area under the bed for storage.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #20

OMG Jerry, 60 or 65 get over it!

AC in the bay is a plus. It is quieter and also for appearances it gives a smoother look to the coach not to have those boxes on the roof. It also eliminates the water causing black streaks to run down the sides from condensation.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote