Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2009 Winnebago Chalet

Having trouble finding a brochure for a 2009 Chalet. Someone suggested it might be a rental unit and never intended for sale to the general public. There's a bunch of them out there for sale now. I'd really like to be able to view the brochure.

Any help ???

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
Having trouble finding a brochure for a 2009 Chalet. Someone suggested it might be a rental unit and never intended for sale to the general public. There's a bunch of them out there for sale now. I'd really like to be able to view the brochure.

Any help ???
Sorry, As far as I am aware there have never been any brochures for the Chalet. As you've already discovered it's a motorhome only sold to the rental industry. You can go to the resources page on the Winnebago website and wade through every brochure published since 1969 if you like:

https://winnebagoind.com/product-res...ct-information

However I've looked for them in the past without any luck. You might also call or e mail the folks at Winnebago. Someone there must know about them since they've been making them for years:

https://winnebagoind.com/contact
Old 09-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

As mentioned, Chalets were/are rental units. There have been both class A and class C Chalets. From your other posts I'm assuming you're looking at an A? I know some class A Chalets were twins to the Sightseer. I think that would be true for a 2009. The model number should give it away, a Chalet 30B(R) is a Sightseer 30B for example.

Chalets were not identical twins though. Some (maybe all?) didn't have awnings, had all vinyl flooring, and a few other rental durability type differences.

Have a link to one you are looking at?

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

BOOM ... below is the link to one of them. I just looked at it again and NO awning. I guess that is the final nail in the coffin.

2009 Winnebago Chalet 30BR, Wantage NJ - - RVtrader.com

Old 09-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

when I Iooked at the chalets at camping world they did not have generators or leveling either
Old 09-16-2016, 09:04 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I wrote to Winnebago and they did confirm that the Chalet was sold as a rental unit. Camping right now but will post the letter from them when I get home.

Oh .... we did purchase a Winnebago Sightseer 30B today. Super excited !!!
Old 09-18-2016, 07:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The Chalet is sold specifically as a rental unit, unfortunately we do not have any brochures. They will be similar to their non-rental counterpart. If you had the actual model or serial number, I can confirm which model they are similar to.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at 1-800-537-1885.

Thanks,
This was the email I got from Winnebago

Tags
winnebago