Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Post 2012 Adventurer shower door problem

Does anyone have experience with this curved shower door setup? There are 2 panels on each door that travel in a curved track to close in the center with magnetic strips from bottom to top.
These doors would not seal completely when we picked it up new this past June, we purchased this unit in Louisville at the Good Sam Rally, the delivering dealer Camping World of Indianapolis, adjusted the door rollers so the doors would close and seal at the bottom and for about 4 feet up leaving a gap in the top 2 feet or so. I have now taken it to the Winnebago Dealer here in Oklahoma City and their tech adjusted the rollers so that the doors seal from about 14” up to within about 13” of the top. The tech said this is all he can do as warranty service procedures. We now have a 3/16” gap at the bottom and the top of these doors that does not close and seal, but it does seal for the 4 feet or so in the center. The local dealer would not give me an explanation for why he could not order replacement doors? This requires a towel on the floor to catch the considerable water that leaks out.
RandR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #2

If we were in your shoes, we'd be in touch with Winnebago especially since you're under warranty.

In our experience, our selling dealer bent over backward getting things fixed for us under warranty. No other dealer was as enthusiastic about submitting warranty issues for us, however. But, when we contacted Winnebago support and told them our problem, they made arrangements with the dealer of our choice (when we were on the road) to have the necessary repairs made. They called the dealer in advance of our contacting that dealer. Winnebago was great in that regard.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_h View Post
If we were in your shoes, we'd be in touch with Winnebago especially since you're under warranty.

In our experience, our selling dealer bent over backward getting things fixed for us under warranty. No other dealer was as enthusiastic about submitting warranty issues for us, however. But, when we contacted Winnebago support and told them our problem, they made arrangements with the dealer of our choice (when we were on the road) to have the necessary repairs made. They called the dealer in advance of our contacting that dealer. Winnebago was great in that regard.
Our selling dealer would be Camping World of Indianapolis, but we live in Oklahoma. It took 6 weeks and about 6 phone calls to get the local dealer in Oklahoma City to even let me bring the coach in! When I called Winnebago about the problems getting in for warranty work, they suggested I take it to a different dealer, over a 200 mile drive and $24.00 in toll roads just to get it there.
I did send Winnebago Support an email about this problem last week, but have not heard back yet.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandR View Post
Our selling dealer would be Camping World of Indianapolis, but we live in Oklahoma. It took 6 weeks and about 6 phone calls to get the local dealer in Oklahoma City to even let me bring the coach in! When I called Winnebago about the problems getting in for warranty work, they suggested I take it to a different dealer, over a 200 mile drive and $24.00 in toll roads just to get it there.
I did send Winnebago Support an email about this problem last week, but have not heard back yet.
After no response from my email to factory support I called factory support. Their answer was the local tech does not know what he is doing and for me take the coach back and have the service tech here in OKC phone for instructions on how to fix the doors. Phoned the local dealer service dept and told them I wanted to bring it back and that the factory said for the tech to call for instructions. Their response was our tech has been doing this for over 20 years and does not have time to get be the phone with factory support.
What does it take to get someone to just step up and replace these doors?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #5

Oh man. I would be pretty torqued about now. I think I would call support again and explain the response you got... better yet follow that up with a registered letter to the corporate offices explaining who said what and ask them what the heck is going on.

I ran across a similar situation where a local guy refused to do work on a sewing machine or even provide me verbal support over the phone on a machine that was less than a week old just because I bought it out of state. The manufacturer apologized and made it right but also said the local business isn't "required" to support their sewing machines under warranty if I hadn't bought it there.
SylviaCub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, shower