Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2016, 03:57 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
Angry 2012 Meridian Television

A couple of days ago, I went into my rig and the TV was hanging by the cords and leaning against the fireplace. I was lucky in that there was no damage to the TV. The cabinet face had pulled off the wall. Winnibago had used a 3/4" square piece of pine as a anchor at the top and 4 staples were all that was holding it.
So now it will be 2x2's for the anchors and screws instead of staples.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Incredible.
Another scratch your head moment.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:53 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Really...staples instead of screws to stabilize something that heavy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:27 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
I noticed after I wrote this post that the staples thru the top anchor board had been put in thru the back. So there was maybe a half inch of the staples holding it. I'm just glad it didn't happen going down the road.
I mounted the 2x2's top and bottom today and repaired the cabinet face and backing. I think that the TV will have to be mounted before I put it back just because the screws that hold the TV are at a angle and there's not much room at the top.
I was going to add a picture but can't figure out how to do it
Wish me luck
Old 03-22-2016, 08:04 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
The cabinet floors, over the couch, dropped down on this coach. Staples were all that was used to hold the deck members together. Then that cabinet dropped down off the ceiling and was held in place by the window valances. The Winnebago tech support folks told me that the thing was screwed into 1/16" aluminum.!??? I put a strip of ~3/16" aluminum on the slide roof, sealed it and ran the new screws through into the strip. I cut the protruding screw ends flush and sealed the whole works.

I hope QC has been improving over the years since the cutbacks from the industry crash.

Tags
television