Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
2012 Vista 35F Awning will not retract

I have an issue with the Awning on my Winnebago 35F. I tried to extend the awning this morning and after several attempts, it extended about 3/4 of the way out. When I tried to retract it, nothing happens. Another strange thing, the coach and chassis battery disconnect switches will not disconnect. I checked the 12V circuit breakers in the outside compartment and they all look OK. All other systems and circuits seem to be working fine, including the slide switch on the same panel as the awning and disconnect switches. Any ideas. One other thing, it has been raining here is south Alabama for weeks on end. I am wondering if this might have something to do with my electrical issues. Thanks...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Any other 12 volt issues? I would check the connections at the solenoids and batteries .
garykk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #3

I have a 2011 35F and had a lot of electrical problems right off the bat. I finally found 2 inches of water in the small compartment on the drivers side right behind the front wheel. This space is full of relays and electrical junctions and they were all corroded. It seems that the factory didn't bother to seal the large opening where the wire harness went in or the seams in the compartment itself. The dealer, after 2 trips, hadn't got it right either so I did it myself. I found 2 other compartments that were the same way. I used silacone caulk on the seams and then sprayed a commercial rubberized undercoat over the whole thing. That seems to have done the trick. I recommend that you look in that area and see if it's wet in there. Use a flashlight or you won't be able to see the water in there. Good luck.
TerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
I checked the voltage at the awning motor and it looks good there. I called Dometic and they said it sounds like a bad motor. It has a two year warranty and I am still in the window. Regarding the disconnected switches, I talked to Winnebago customer support and they told me to check in the outside electrical compartment also. I am almost afraid to look.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I found carpet wet in the bay behind the LP compartment, this is where the inverter is located. We had run in a small amount of rain, found that the compartment on the forward top was open to the LP compartment allowing road water to enter via the LP compartment which is of course open to the road.
Now will have to check the one on river's side too......
garykk is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning