Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #1

2013 Adventurer 32H Owners

Hello to all, getting ready to get to know my new 2013 Adventurer 32H and just wanted to know how many of you out there own the same. Took delivery last October from Lazy Days in Seffner Fl. They delivered it to me in Massachusetts. Traded my Class C. I'm leaving April 25 for 2 weeks. Heading down to Florida. Need a couple things fixed so figured bringing it down to Lazy Days would be a good trip for us. Would love to hear good and bads about your Adventurer. Thanks in advance !!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1959 View Post
Hello to all, getting ready to get to know my new 2013 Adventurer 32H and just wanted to know how many of you out there own the same. Took delivery last October from Lazy Days in Seffner Fl. They delivered it to me in Massachusetts. Traded my Class C. I'm leaving April 25 for 2 weeks. Heading down to Florida. Need a couple things fixed so figured bringing it down to Lazy Days would be a good trip for us. Would love to hear good and bads about your Adventurer. Thanks in advance !!
We just ordered a 2015 Adventurer 32H so would like to hear what you need fixed in your MH...
Thanks!
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #3

MutinyGuy, you must be excited about delivery ! I have a couple of minor issues and a couple of other issues that should never have slipped by!
Minor issue #1:Hinge on countertop extension was not properly connected, one of the screws strpped out and hinge is only connected by 1 screw (minor, I could fix but I'll let them)
Minor Issue #2: Windshield wash hoses dry rotted and cracked(Sat in Florida sun probably explains that)
Minor Issue #3: Workstation tray located on dash in front of passenger seat will not stay secured while driving.Poor design in my opinion.

The next items should never have let them deliver coach to me. Should never have gotten by them.
Item#1: Side mirror cameras were reversed, when left blinker was turned on the right side of coach appeared in camera and vise versa.(I crawled under dash and finally found wires and was able to fix this one.)
Item #2: This is the main reason I am bringing it down to them. At the rear of my driver side slide there is a vertical piece of trim molding that has pulled away from the body of the coach. Lazy Days claims their body shop can fix this. I will not be a happy camper if they can't !!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
MutinyGuy, you must be excited about delivery ! I have a couple of minor issues and a couple of other issues that should never have slipped by!
Minor issue #1:Hinge on countertop extension was not properly connected, one of the screws strpped out and hinge is only connected by 1 screw (minor, I could fix but I'll let them)
Minor Issue #2: Windshield wash hoses dry rotted and cracked(Sat in Florida sun probably explains that)
Minor Issue #3: Workstation tray located on dash in front of passenger seat will not stay secured while driving.Poor design in my opinion.

The next items should never have let them deliver coach to me. Should never have gotten by them.
Item#1: Side mirror cameras were reversed, when left blinker was turned on the right side of coach appeared in camera and vise versa.(I crawled under dash and finally found wires and was able to fix this one.)
Item #2: This is the main reason I am bringing it down to them. At the rear of my driver side slide there is a vertical piece of trim molding that has pulled away from the body of the coach. Lazy Days claims their body shop can fix this. I will not be a happy camper if they can't !!
OK thanks for the update....agree the biggest issue is your last item and they should have caught it! They shouldn't have any problem fixing that! Let us know how your trip goes!
Have fun!
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good luck with new coach. We have 2013 model H and it has been great. Great fit for us.
jimlaurielucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #6

Quote:

We had the same problem with our 2013 Adventurer. Looking a little closer at the "latch" mechanism it's nothing more than a magnet affixed to the sliding top and a steel plate affixed to the dash. In our case the steel plate was smaller than the magnet.

I went down to the shop and cut a larger plate from some flat stock. I drilled and countersunk a hole in it and replaced the original. Now it latches fine. I'm sure I could have had Winnebago do something, but my guess was that there wasn't a "new design" so they would just replace the parts with another set of the same things.

Wait until you try to setup the TV and entertainment center to work with the satellite dish. We have a Samsung TV, a Sony entertainment center, a DirecTV receiver, and a Winegard Trav'ler dish. The directions for each component makes the assumption all the other components are the same brand. Each brand has it's own unique technical jargon. You almost need an interpreter to understand which terms are interchangeable.

It took me more time to decipher the conflicting languages than it did to actually setup the system. I quickly learned that if you make a mistake just shut the whole thing down and start over. If you continue on or try to back track you'll end up in a corner you'll never be able to work your way out of.

Tags
vent