Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2020, 10:14 AM   #1

2013 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

I am looking at purchasing a 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42QD. It seems like a good coach. Are there specific things that have been problematic on this model that I should be checking? This is my first purchase, and I have no experience with RV’s.

Thanks
kdflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 12:21 PM   #2

There were problems with the schwintec slide mechanisms. -- Winnebago replaced many if the customer complained. Check your prospective purchase to be sure the mechanisms have been replaced.
Carlos Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #3

We purchased a 2013 Itasca 42QD about 9 months ago and we went in knowing the slide issue, the larger front passenger slide. On our unit it is slowly ripping the track up and we used that to bargain with the owner and got a really good price. We will be going up to Junction City Or to the Winnebago service center to have them retrofit it with the power gear system.
A few other items to keep in mind based on what we have found so far is the house batteries which we have replaced, the starter batteries which we are getting ready to replace and tires aging out which we will also be replacing fairly soon.
We love the coach and it was well taken care of and was parked indoors when not being used by the previous owner.
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:02 PM   #4

Thank you for your advice, I’ll certainly check out the slide when I go look at the couch on Saturday.
kdflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:23 AM   #5

On our unit the bottom tracks are damaged while the top tracks look fine. The small bedroom slide also show no damage at all and the driver side full wall slide is a different type and works well.
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Never never move the slides unless the jacks are down and level and the motor is running and the chassis battery is over 14 volts.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca