Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #169

Winnebago Owners Club
ROY (Roy-n-Pam).

I believe you are looking for some hard numbers on the tire pressure adjustment. After a four corner weigh, here's what was recommended for my coach, which is a 2012 QD, chassis built in March 2012. This is my coach only: Steer tires (front) 118lbs, Drive Duals 90 lbs, Tag 85lbs (psi).

I have not had Freightliner adjust the airbags yet, which should lower the psi more.

Independent front suspension and tire pressure have to be pretty much right on to get that "sweet ride". I was told that by a man who knows, right Steve ?

Good luck Roy, the Tour is light years ahead of......

Kerry

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
My auto generator start system is not working. I am dry camping and if I have my auto gen controller on auto, it will try to start the generator for just a second, won't start, and then go to manual. If I try this 2-3 times, it will finally start. But when it goes off, it goes right back to manual. Winnebago is closed today, so I called cummins and the tech guy could not figure out the problem. I guess I will have to take it in to the dealer. Maybe a bad auto start controller?
I had this problem on my 2010 42AD Ellipse. It took 2 1/2 years till it was finally fixed at Forest City. Good luck lol.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:57 AM   #171

Winnebago Owners Club
Like I shared with Glenda, we had Freightliner weigh our coach and do a front end allignment even though our coach only had 10,000 miles. Our front recommend tire pressure came in at 120 PSI and rear was 90 including our tag axil. WOW was the already wonderful ride even better on our 2011 TOUR.....correct tire pressure is a must...thanks for sharing.....
Old 03-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #172

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

I will give this a try. Hope it works for me.
Ditto,

It seemed to work. I pressed all the wires in tight on the controller and this morning my gen started right on schedule.

Thanks for the help.
smack2020 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #173

Quote:
Ditto,

It seemed to work. I pressed all the wires in tight on the controller and this morning my gen started right on schedule.

Thanks for the help.
Great to read!

Nice find Ditto! I will need to remember this one also just in case.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #174

Question to current TOUR owners (either floor plan) - Topic: LED Lights.

Has any one replaced any of the halogen bulbs with LED puck lights? Did they work? Fit?

Reason for asking...Seeing we are having a coach built we inquired about LED bulbs being used instead and at what cost. The reply came back that they would need to also rewire the light housings as they would not fit without doing so. I kind of personally found this strange knowing what I do about LED puck lights. Than again, maybe they are using a housing that is just to small and thus the change does need to be made. (59 lights mind you in the GD)

Thus the question. Anyone done it?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #175

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We are systematically replacing the 10 and 20 watt halogens in our new Tour. We have done about half. The LEDs fit just fine with less heat and power usage.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #176

Thanks.

Just really not sure why they said..."Talked with our electrical engineers to find out that all that is needed to be done is to simply unscrew the current halogen fixtures, take the halogen bulb out; cut & butt the existing wiring and install the LED bulb."

Cut out and butt connect the existing wiring? I have no idea why they would need to do such a thing. Very pondering to say the least.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #177

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I read about these folks and visited them in Ocala fl.... Hitching Post of Ocala - Hitch & Towing Installation and Repairs.. They sell puck lights with a copper heat dispersing strip...I have replaced the lights we use the most!
ditto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #178

Led lights

While I was in Forest City I got the impression that any changes one would like to make to a coach was met with resistance and explainations as you have received. In previous threads you may see a similar post. I have change my 10A lights with LED puck lights from M4 LED. website M4LED.com. Spoke with Steve there, very informative. 10W replacements 7.99/ea get a 10% discount free shipping and you can also get an additional 5%, best prices I have found. At the Tampa RV show I stopped at 5 different booths selling LEDs and the prices were all much higher.
chiroassoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #179

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroassoc View Post
While I was in Forest City I got the impression that any changes one would like to make to a coach was met with resistance and explainations as you have received. In previous threads you may see a similar post. I have change my 10A lights with LED puck lights from M4 LED. website M4LED.com. Spoke with Steve there, very informative. 10W replacements 7.99/ea get a 10% discount free shipping and you can also get an additional 5%, best prices I have found. At the Tampa RV show I stopped at 5 different booths selling LEDs and the prices were all much higher.
How is the light quality?

Did the small puck lights fit ok?

I just ordered about half the lights I need for Ellipse from M4. I will get the other half in a few months. Shipping sure is fast, sounds like a good company.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #180

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:

How is the light quality?

Did the small puck lights fit ok?

I just ordered about half the lights I need for Ellipse from M4. I will get the other half in a few months. Shipping sure is fast, sounds like a good company.
Wow!! I ordered my lights from M4 yesterday and they were in my mailbox today. That is awesome service. Free shipping also. Now I need to put them in to see how they look. Motorhome is going back in the shop tomorrow for some minor warranty work and when I get it back, I will put in the lights.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #181

WOULD A MODERATOR PLEASE KILL OR LOCK OR WHATEVER THIS THREAD. IT HAS GONE FAR FAR OFF TOPIC AND HAS TOUCHED UPON JUST ABOUT EVERY ASPECT OF A MOTORHOME FROM TIRE PRESSURES TO LED LAMPS.
THANK YOU,
A frustrated IRV2 user
ChasA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #182

First I REALLY LIKE the service I am receiving from Winnebago. I mean that. The coach is not even in production yet, but they are talking to me about items like LED's etc. What a great company so far. I hope it continues. (Just outstanding!!!)

With that said, I am a little beside myself as to why they are going to do, what they are going to do with the 2014 models later this year with interior LED's.

When I inquired as to why they wanted so much $$$ to add them to our coach on the line when they just needed to replace the bulb with a puck, this is what came back...

"The LED lights that we will use later this summer on our 2014 units does not have a replaceable bulb and will require the fixture to be replaced, or cut and butt. Your customer must be referring to a LED replacement bulb and this is something we didn't want to do on our production units."

I called them and told them that IMHO they should really rethink this approach before they really do this. The housings that they will use will have the LED's built right into them, therefor, if one fails, you have to remove and replace the entire inside of the unit which includes cutting the wires and then reconnecting it. (Vs just replacing a bulb or and LED puck.)

This really makes no sense to me that they would do this as 1) You will need to get the part from them or find the one directly for for this housing and 2) More than likely most RV'ers would be nervous to cut the wires and would instead look to have to bring it in for service to replace a light.

To me, IMHO, this is a dis-service to the RV'er and something that I am really surprised they are doing. With 58 light areas in a 42GB, failure will happen at some point. I would much rather pull out a $6 replacement puck then needed to find the right housing and maybe need to being it in for service. Not to mention, will cutting the wire yourself to replace it void your warranty?

I kindly said no thank you to the upgrade.

Their heart is in the right place, but I do not think it was thought though. (Or maybe it was and I am totally missing something.) It would make for some interesting campfire talk though. "I had to take out coach in for service the other day.", "Really? What for?". "I had an inside light out. Only cost me $75 though. $45 for 1/2 hour labor and $30 for the new light."

I hope they rethink this or at least have a good reason that I am totally overlooking.