Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #701

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
today went to slide in the king bed slide and got a odd noise. while taking in about halfway sounded like a piece of wood hitting another around the foot area. raised the bed all looked OK, slid it out and brought it back in and it did it again. anyone experience this noise.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #702

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
today went to slide in the king bed slide and got a odd noise. while taking in about halfway sounded like a piece of wood hitting another around the foot area. raised the bed all looked OK, slid it out and brought it back in and it did it again. anyone experience this noise.
No, I have not heard that. My bed has been a pain. Both limit switches broke so I by passed them and wired the wires together. Another switch wire was routed above the track and got pinched and bed was stuck and the fuse kept blowing.. I had to crawl under bed, cut wires, reroute and wire back together. Bed module replaced twice. I am beginning to NOT like Lippert. Customer service also sucks.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #703

Winnebago Owners Club
Congats on the new Tour Glenda. The 42QD is a great unit and fantastic floor plan. Many happy miles...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #704

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
But, I do like my Ellipse 42QD
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:59 AM   #705

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
But, I do like my Ellipse 42QD
We Love our 2013 Tour QD, as well. We just wish the exterior had been done professionally, rather than by CDI, IMO. The Lippert jacks popping all the time is like being parked on a bowl of Rice Crispies
Old 10-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #706

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post

We Love our 2013 Tour QD, as well. We just wish the exterior had been done professionally, rather than by CDI, IMO. The Lippert jacks popping all the time is like being parked on a bowl of Rice Crispies
Our jacks have never popped. Our paint job is fine. Our 2013 42GD's BIGGEST problem is our always over GAWR front axle. That is potentially life threatening to us or others. Foolishly Winnebago placed the gas tank AND the fresh water tank are placed immediately behind the IFS axles. The driver, co-pilot and residential refrigerator are ALSO immediately atop/behind the front axle ergo virtually 100% of their weight is born by that axle. I mentioned this to FREIGHTLINERand they rightfully said - we aren't responsible for the manufacturer's choices about floorplan layout, tank location or weight distribution. They DO place the gas tank on the chassis however.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:22 AM   #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
Our jacks have never popped. Our paint job is fine. Our 2013 42GD's BIGGEST problem is our always over GAWR front axle. That is potentially life threatening to us or others. Foolishly Winnebago placed the gas tank AND the fresh water tank are placed immediately behind the IFS axles. The driver, co-pilot and residential refrigerator are ALSO immediately atop/behind the front axle ergo virtually 100% of their weight is born by that axle. I mentioned this to FREIGHTLINERand they rightfully said - we aren't responsible for the manufacturer's choices about floorplan layout, tank location or weight distribution. They DO place the gas tank on the chassis however.
That's a good point. How many of you have done 4 corner weighing's of your Tour? How about sharing some numbers.. Or maybe that should be another thread.
We have 4 corner weighed our Tiffin twice in the last 2 years but once since we went fulltime and changed out batteries and added solar. No need to share numbers because it's a Tiffin. But we have a deposit on a Tour and would be interested in the numbers.
Are the tanks placed in different spots on the QD compared to the GD? I realize the refer is in a different spot.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #708

I always read that he Itasca and the Winnebago are sisters and they have the same floor plans so I have one, well a couple questions.
What are the main differences between the two other than name? Are they painted by the same people? Do they use the same slide rails and jacks?
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #709

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
aqua hot problems

1st trip to Dollywood with our 2013 Ellipse and being from South Florida we never checked the heat. 29 degrees today and only aqua hot in the bed room nothing in the living area. Only pump 2 will work. We have the leveling jack problem which LaMesa said they fixed.. can't get anyone on the week-end!
ken1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #710

I am the new owner of a 2013 tour, I am confused about the heat any information any your could share would be helpful. When am pluged up to my house service and cut the aqua heat on to electric, what source do I put the thermostat on? Last night, I put the source on gas, and the burner in the off position. I got warm air coming out but when I went out this morning it was running but down in the 40 and the thermostat was set to 62. Any ideas would help
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #711

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
I am the new owner of a 2013 tour, I am confused about the heat any information any your could share would be helpful. When am pluged up to my house service and cut the aqua heat on to electric, what source do I put the thermostat on? Last night, I put the source on gas, and the burner in the off position. I got warm air coming out but when I went out this morning it was running but down in the 40 and the thermostat was set to 62. Any ideas would help
Assuming you have an all-electric coach. If you have it on GAS yoU ARE USING THE AQUA HOT. The aqua hot GAS. Burner should be on. The ELECTRIC burner isn't efficient enough to keep up with temps below 60 degrees say.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:55 AM   #712

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was told on the current 2014 being built they changed the location of the water tanks, that might help with the front weight problem. I have not seen one to confirm it yet.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #713

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
I always read that he Itasca and the Winnebago are sisters and they have the same floor plans so I have one, well a couple questions. What are the main differences between the two other than name? Are they painted by the same people? Do they use the same slide rails and jacks?
They are sisters and from an exec at WB I was told that the name was changed due to franchise area protections. Regrettably, CDI (paint peel, debris under paint and orange peel) paints both and Lippert (snap, crackle and pop) does the jacks and the Swintek slide mechanisms.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #714

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkers View Post
Assuming you have an all-electric coach. If you have it on GAS yoU ARE USING THE AQUA HOT. The aqua hot GAS. Burner should be on. The ELECTRIC burner isn't efficient enough to keep up with temps below 60 degrees say.
You nailed it