Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #995

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy-n-Pam View Post
Anyone that has had the auto start reword job: What did you set the gen auto start up for? We use ours when we leave our pet home on warm days for the AC to come on if the temps get high and the shore power fails. Otherwise it never comes into play. Any other uses?
To keep the batteries charged. If the batteries go low while not being hooked up to shore power, you can have auto start set to start the gen to charge the batteries.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #996

2014 42qd bedroom tv

who has updated or changed out this tv??? I would like to take mine out and put in a 32 or a mount with a swing arm on it so I can mount something larger I know to some the tv is fine but for me I wish it was bigger so if you have did this mod let me know what issue did u run into ?
stevenchadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:53 AM   #997

Recently back from Florida in 2011 Ellipse 42 QD. Round trip Central PA to Ft Myers towing Jeep Cherokee (new 'honey I Shrunk the Jeep', Jeep) with generator occasional on, running 65-70 mph got 6.9 mpg. Have 11000 miles on unit.
Shotdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:20 AM   #998

Roy and Pam:
There is a weatherproof storage bin under the first step. The second step is the access to the reservoir for the leveling system.
We bought the Enclave last November put 800 miles on it before leaving 12/26 to Naples, FL. That's 1200 miles towing. Put 3000 miles on it in FL. Returned home, with no issues. I use Blue Ox products. Prior to the Enclave we towed a 2008 Saturn Vue about 12,000 miles. The only issue was the baseplate loosened up at about 8000 miles of towing. I retightened everything. I believe that was due to the towbar being angled downward. When we bought the Tour I bought a riser for the receiver to level the towbar. However we never towed the Vue again, bought the Enclave. The Vue (245 HP) and the Enclave have the same engine, except for direct injection on the Enclave (288 HP). They also have very similar engine cradles/subframe on the front. The Vue was a rocket compare to the Enclave, but we wanted a six passenger and really enjoy the luxury.
Regards,
Greg
spanny1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #999

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanny1212 View Post
Roy and Pam:
There is a weatherproof storage bin under the first step. The second step is the access to the reservoir for the leveling system.
We bought the Enclave last November put 800 miles on it before leaving 12/26 to Naples, FL. That's 1200 miles towing. Put 3000 miles on it in FL. Returned home, with no issues. I use Blue Ox products. Prior to the Enclave we towed a 2008 Saturn Vue about 12,000 miles. The only issue was the baseplate loosened up at about 8000 miles of towing. I retightened everything. I believe that was due to the towbar being angled downward. When we bought the Tour I bought a riser for the receiver to level the towbar. However we never towed the Vue again, bought the Enclave. The Vue (245 HP) and the Enclave have the same engine, except for direct injection on the Enclave (288 HP). They also have very similar engine cradles/subframe on the front. The Vue was a rocket compare to the Enclave, but we wanted a six passenger and really enjoy the luxury.
Regards,
Greg
I have looked in the manual and in the coach but see no reference. How do you get to the storage bin and the reservoir? Do you pull back the step cover?
Old 04-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #1000

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spanny1212

Just got back from the service center yesterday. They have to wait till next week for some parts and CDI to do their work. So I came back home in the car to get stuff done here, plus it was COLD up there. Great service technicians to work with. They did replace my rear jacks hopefully that will take care of that problem. I will drive back up a week from Monday. This will make sure all is done that the dealer could not fix and a few extra items.

Did stop in the WIT/GNR office they moved me from E section to C1. They all look about the same, but I think this is a little longer. Hopefully by then I will have my Hydralift installed, I will need the few extra feet.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #1001

nova 42qd
Ours is a 2013. Just lift up on the first step. Both steps are hinges at the back. Just lift up on the front edge of the first step. My rubs the carpeting on each end so you have to tug on it. The second step (reservoir location) is secured with a nut that uses a 1/2" wrench. This centered under the lip of the step. You can look down through it and see the ground. You should see the reservoir and the power unit for the leveling system. Good luck.
Greg
Old 04-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #1002

majfrizz
Thanks for the update. We're halfway to Forest City, staying at Scott County Park campground. Really nice place. Just west of the Mississippi. I highly recommended it. Satyed here several years back to nose aroung the quad citys and visit the pickers in LeClaire.
Regards,
Greg
Old 04-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #1003

Has any one had an experience installing or having a c b antenna installed. I have a 2013 Tour and would Like to install one so I could pull the wire down the chase by the driver seat. Pictures would be great so I could get an idea where the best place to mount to on the side of the coach. If that not the best place please let me know.
thanks for any help
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:17 AM   #1004

Has anyone he'd there bed leak down. I have 13 tour still under warranty and at the dealer now. can't find a leak but do say it is leaking. Leaking on both sides so I would think it is something common with the system instead of the mattress it self. Mattress company won't call the dealer back. Any help from would be appreciated so I could get back on the road

Thanks
Steve
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #1005

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
Has anyone he'd there bed leak down. I have 13 tour still under warranty and at the dealer now. can't find a leak but do say it is leaking. Leaking on both sides so I would think it is something common with the system instead of the mattress it self. Mattress company won't call the dealer back. Any help from would be appreciated so I could get back on the road

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve
I found some info for you. I hope it helps:

We have a Sleep Number mattress that was doing pretty much what you describe. Turned out to be the hose end on the problem side. It was cracked and sometimes would seal tight and others would leak. Cut the hose end and refastened to the connector-that was two years ago with no issue.

Bet it is the hose or hose coupling. We had a leak and found the connection from hose to mattress was not seating properly. Added a little dialectic grease, pushed until it clicked and seated. No more problems. Hope this is your cure

I have had this happen at different years to each side. I called Select Comfort and they charged me a prorated amount based upon the age of the bed. They shipped the new chamber and I plugged it in and everything has held up fine since then.

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #1006

Clinched Out
I believe the antenna wire is already ran. That wire and the power wires are located behind the left foot kick plate on the drivers side floor. You also find the wires for a brake controller there. Winnebago can tell you the antenna wire location on the roof. Our previous motorhome was an 05 Journey. It was prewired and had a mount on the roof with female threads. Winnebago prefers to keep the number of holes in the roof to a minimum. I just came back from Forest City for our last warranty visit. They did a good job except for changing out the zone 3 (front) temp sensor. They unplugged the HDMI cable from the converter in the cabinet above the tv. I fixed it but I will let them know about it. I have a Cobra all in one Cb with the antenna I used if you're interested.
Regards,
Greg
Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 PM   #1007

majfrizz,
On the way home from FC. I talked to some people that stayed over the weekend and knew about you and you're issues. We got everything done. However when the moved our zone 3 temp sensor the unplugged the hdmi cable from the adapter in the cabinet above the front tv. I fixed it. Everything else seems okay. Good luck on yours. BTW, we signed up for the GNR, section e. Hope to see you there.
Regards,
Greg
Old 05-02-2014, 08:53 AM   #1008

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanny1212 View Post
Clinched Out I believe the antenna wire is already ran. That wire and the power wires are located behind the left foot kick plate on the drivers side floor. You also find the wires for a brake controller there. Winnebago can tell you the antenna wire location on the roof. Our previous motorhome was an 05 Journey. It was prewired and had a mount on the roof with female threads. Winnebago prefers to keep the number of holes in the roof to a minimum. I just came back from Forest City for our last warranty visit. They did a good job except for changing out the zone 3 (front) temp sensor. They unplugged the HDMI cable from the converter in the cabinet above the tv. I fixed it but I will let them know about it. I have a Cobra all in one Cb with the antenna I used if you're interested. Regards, Greg
Did you find the wires for CB? I have a 2013 and I can't find them.
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote