Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #1107

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm now starting on page 10 of the problems and pictures for my 2013 Ellipse and the failure of LaMesa to repair. Winne your product should come with lemons painted on the sides.
ken1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2014, 05:49 AM   #1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack2020 View Post
Under the back bath floor, the pipe could only be about 15 inches long, slide through the vent by the bed, coupler added, then another 15 inch piece added, slid under the floor and so on until long enough. Under the bed was easier, just used 2 long pieces. But where the pipe went through the wall between the bedroom and half bath, I had to use a 45 degree bend up, then a 3 inch piece, then a 45 degree piece back down level. It's not a flat drain to the tank from the toilet. The flex pipe was bent up and over another drain pipe, which caused the crap to stay in the flex pipe under the back bath floor and under the bed. The white flex pipe smelled really bad on the exterior of it. The interior of the half bath cabinet comes apart with a few screws. I also had to remove the half bath toilet to reach the area behind it for new pipe. Winnie says the half bath flex pipe does not need to be replaced, because no crap sits in it.

Scott
Scott,
I am a little unsure how you gained access to this plumbing. I can't see these pipes anywhere. Did you remove flooring, wall panels, or what to get to them? I might have this problem. My wife complains of sewer smell near the side of the bed (it's not me, lol) by the wall vent. Is that where your smell came from? Thanks.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #1109

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
Scott,
I am a little unsure how you gained access to this plumbing. I can't see these pipes anywhere. Did you remove flooring, wall panels, or what to get to them? I might have this problem. My wife complains of sewer smell near the side of the bed (it's not me, lol) by the wall vent. Is that where your smell came from? Thanks.

Remove the metal vent next to the bed on the wall between the bedroom and back bath. If you have the white flex pipe you should be able to see it in there. You can also lift the bed, be careful, it's heavy. I used a 2x4 to keep the bed up. You should be able to see the white flex pipe under the bed on the back wall and floor.

I had to remove the interior of the half bath cabinet, very easy, just a few screws and all the white boards come out. That is where the drain pipe goes into the black tank. I also removed the steps next the the bed, the flex pipe runs through there also. The white flex pipe makes about a 2 inch jog up behind the half bath toilet, which makes it to where the crap stays in the pipe and the smell seeps out of the pipe. I even ran my hand on the flex pipe and my hand had the same sewer smell. Winnebago will fix if you ask them. Definitely NOT an easy job.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:55 AM   #1110

Quote:
Remove the metal vent next to the bed on the wall between the bedroom and back bath. If you have the white flex pipe you should be able to see it in there. You can also lift the bed, be careful, it's heavy. I used a 2x4 to keep the bed up. You should be able to see the white flex pipe under the bed on the back wall and floor.

I had to remove the interior of the half bath cabinet, very easy, just a few screws and all the white boards come out. That is where the drain pipe goes into the black tank. I also removed the steps next the the bed, the flex pipe runs through there also. The white flex pipe makes about a 2 inch jog up behind the half bath toilet, which makes it to where the crap stays in the pipe and the smell seeps out of the pipe. I even ran my hand on the flex pipe and my hand had the same sewer smell. Winnebago will fix if you ask them. Definitely NOT an easy job.

Scott
Thanks Scott. I do have the flex pipe. I'm going to ask Winnie to fix it. Do you have a Winnie contact that is aware of this issue? Thanks.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:57 AM   #1111

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
Thanks Scott. I do have the flex pipe. I'm going to ask Winnie to fix it. Do you have a Winnie contact that is aware of this issue? Thanks.

nflugum@winnebagoind.com

Neal Flugum, he seems fair and is good at getting back to me.

DONT tell him I gave up his name, please.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #1112

Quote:
nflugum@winnebagoind.com

Neal Flugum, he seems fair and is good at getting back to me.

DONT tell him I gave up his name, please.

Scott
Thanks Scott, my lips are sealed.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #1113

The Tour/Ellispe 42QD was to be our next MH. But am concerned with buying a '13 model. Most posts on this thread seem to be '13 year models. any reports of these problems with the '14's? Have they been corrected by Winnebago during the later builds? If so, at what dates.
The issues that most concern me are the Slide issues, Leveling Jacks, and the sewer hoses.
Thanks, GrAndy
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #1114

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
The Tour/Ellispe 42QD was to be our next MH. But am concerned with buying a '13 model. Most posts on this thread seem to be '13 year models. any reports of these problems with the '14's? Have they been corrected by Winnebago during the later builds? If so, at what dates.

The issues that most concern me are the Slide issues, Leveling Jacks, and the sewer hoses.

Thanks, GrAndy
Hi GrAndy
I Have a 2013 42 QD and love it.
It has 16000 miles so far and we have used it over 250 nights. It has never been to the dealer for repair. I have had no problems with the sewer hoses. At first he rear jacks did pop and slowly bleed down and I replaced them at no cost to me and no problem since. The slide gave me a little trouble with a broke coupler. Lipperts support was amazing. I replaced the broken coupler at no cost to me and the slides have been extended over 160 times so far.
Anything you buy you will have problems with.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #1115

Winnebago Owners Club
Just finished reading this month's Motorhome magazine. They reviewed the Thor Tuscany which appears to be on the same level as the Tour.

They encountered quite a few problems with the Coach and dinged them for quality. You would think the manufacturer would at least have things sorted for a Coach being reviewed. What is quality like for the average buyer? It seem problems are not limited to Winnebago...unfortunately.

I recently camped next to a guy that had a new Thor. He said he had a lot of problems with it and would never buy new again. He would go with a one or two year old coach that had been sorted.

If you are looking at a pre-owned 2013 get the service record and see what was done and if problems are sorted. I bought my 2012 used but had the full service history. It had some problems but the previous owner dealt with that. Good Luck!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #1116

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rear Lippert Jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi GrAndy
I Have a 2013 42 QD and love it.
It has 16000 miles so far and we have used it over 250 nights. It has never been to the dealer for repair. I have had no problems with the sewer hoses. At first he rear jacks did pop and slowly bleed down and I replaced them at no cost to me and no problem since. The slide gave me a little trouble with a broke coupler. Lipperts support was amazing. I replaced the broken coupler at no cost to me and the slides have been extended over 160 times so far.
Anything you buy you will have problems with.
Jesse
Hi Jesse, now that we've been in our QD for a couple of weeks, I'm finding continual popping in the rear jacks, often when no one is moving in the coach. Also noticing that the right rear of the coach is getting out of level as the jack bleeds down. What do you think is the likelihood of Lippert standing behind me as a second owner? The coach was sold to the original owner in November 2012.

Thanks,

Mark
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:09 AM   #1117

Winnebago Owners Club
Mark
Lippert likes Winnebago and they don't want you unhappy. No need to mention that you are the second owner. It is still your coach and under 2 years old by the serial number.
I called the tech and told him what was happening and if he would ship me two new jacks I would install them myself and send the bad ones back. He did and I haven't had any problems at all. Most of the time these manufactures want to make a nice guy happy because they can. You like there products, have a problem, and understand things happen, and need his help. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Jesse
Old 08-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #1118

Quote:
Mark
Lippert likes Winnebago and they don't want you unhappy. No need to mention that you are the second owner. It is still your coach and under 2 years old by the serial number.
I called the tech and told him what was happening and if he would ship me two new jacks I would install them myself and send the bad ones back. He did and I haven't had any problems at all. Most of the time these manufactures want to make a nice guy happy because they can. You like there products, have a problem, and understand things happen, and need his help. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Jesse
I wish I could share your confidence in Lippert and Winnebago. The one year warranty on our 2103 Tour 42QD expired in May and on the way back to Texas from the GNR in Forest City last month the Lippert slide mechanism on the front passenger slide started stripping gears on the top gear rack. Now when the slide is closed at the top there is a 1.5 inch gap at the bottom.

A call to Winnebago resulted in "take it to your local Winnebago dealer and you may be surprised...Winnebago might cover the cost". This was somewhat encouraging, however, I can't take the chance that Winnebago might not cover the cost resulting in a very expensive repair.

A call to Lippert resulted in "sorry, you're past the one year warranty".
dethomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #1119

Winnebago Owners Club
You should take it to a good Winnebago dealer and get an estimate to repair. See what they say. Be nice and I believe you will be surprised.
Jesse
Old 08-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #1120

Quote:
You should take it to a good Winnebago dealer and get an estimate to repair. See what they say. Be nice and I believe you will be surprised.
Jesse
I want what you are smoking, lol!