Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #1149

Winnebago Owners Club
2014tour vs. 2013 tour

Talked with a gentleman today is paso Robles who owns a 2014 winnebago tour who is not (so he says) experiencing anything less that a cloud like ride regardless of road conditions. I have a 2013 tour and continue to experience a very noisy and harsh ride on rough roads. Has the relocation of the fresh water tank and the heavier rated front end made that much difference.? Your thoughts please.

Ranger Rick
Winnebago tour 2013
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #1150

Winnebago Owners Club
One person's fluffy cloud is another person's thunderstorm...
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #1151

Winnebago Owners Club
Has anyone had the well known harsh ride after a ride hight adjustment at Freightliner in Gafney Sc. ?
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 11:00 PM   #1152

Winnebago Owners Club
I want to install the LED lights on my awning roller like on the 2014 Tour but I don't want to have to break out the ladder to plug them in every time I set up. Has anyone accomplished this?
Jesse
Old 10-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #1153

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
Talked with a gentleman today is paso Robles who owns a 2014 winnebago tour who is not (so he says) experiencing anything less that a cloud like ride regardless of road conditions. I have a 2013 tour and continue to experience a very noisy and harsh ride on rough roads. Has the relocation of the fresh water tank and the heavier rated front end made that much difference.? Your thoughts please.

Ranger Rick
Winnebago tour 2013
I would rate the ride on my coach as good. Yes it will be noisy on a very rough road such as a dirt road with washboard and potholes but this isn't something I travel too often.

Some of the interstates can be a bit harsh but those are only for roads that are in very poor condition. I found when I traveled across country last summer that I40 through TN was pretty bad. It appears they are repairing and repaving it.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:34 AM   #1154

Winnebago Owners Club
You don't know rough until you take I-95, I-287 or any road for that matter around New York City.
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:09 AM   #1155

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
2013 Tour

Automatic entry lock with key fob quit working. We took a walk, locked the entry door with the key fob, came back and door would not unlock. Good thing I had a hide a key, or we would have been locked out. The problem was one of the wires on the four brass plunger thing on the door had come off. I took out the four plunger brass thing on the door (not sure what it's called) and re crimped all the connectors, cut off some of the insulation and pushed them back on. All four of the wires were loose. It's a poor design, but I think I will be ok again for awhile.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #1156

Winnebago Owners Club
Good to know.
Thanks
Jesse
Old 10-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #1157

Winnebago Owners Club
I keep the entry key on the ring with the fob and ignition key. I also have an entry key hidden. Finally the wife has a duplicate set of keys.

May seem a bit paranoid but got locked out once in an RV I once owned. Its not fun. I was lucky I was able to get back in - removed a panel in a storage compartment and a small child was able to crawl in and unlock the door.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldviper View Post
Hello Glenda,

We have the sister to yours. We ordered ours with the all electric and all of the bells and whistles. We drove it back from the Factory in Iowa to Phoenix and we got 8.5 mpg on the 1700 mile trip. We have been doing very short trips at home and get about 6 mpg on the on the surface streets. Love the Coach.
Les
Did they let you pick it up at the factory? My dealer says they will not let you pick them up anymore.
jrobnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #1159

2013 Tour slide rattle

I see nothing has been posted on this tread for a while. I hope it has not run it's course. As many of you have expressed the continuing rattle and popping sound coming from the kitchen slide. Well mine has this and been back three times for repair with no luck. they have tried re shimming the slide (lasted 100 miles) , spray lube which is a joke. All with no luck. unit is back with a long list of things broke after just one month (and first trip) since is was in; the shop for over two months.
Now let me get back to the slide. Winnebago now says there is no fix for this problem except for installing slide locks. These go above the slide and you have to take them in and out. which means getting up above the slide when is is retracted. They a providing these at no charge, which is nice since mine is still under warranty . Before I let them do this has anyone else had these installed or know anything about them.

thanks
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:41 AM   #1160

Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
I see nothing has been posted on this tread for a while. I hope it has not run it's course. As many of you have expressed the continuing rattle and popping sound coming from the kitchen slide. Well mine has this and been back three times for repair with no luck. they have tried re shimming the slide (lasted 100 miles) , spray lube which is a joke. All with no luck. unit is back with a long list of things broke after just one month (and first trip) since is was in; the shop for over two months.

Now let me get back to the slide. Winnebago now says there is no fix for this problem except for installing slide locks. These go above the slide and you have to take them in and out. which means getting up above the slide when is is retracted. They a providing these at no charge, which is nice since mine is still under warranty . Before I let them do this has anyone else had these installed or know anything about them.

thanks

That's not good news about the kitchen slide. I just had a friend back to Forest City with kitchen slide problems. Now every time he drives the coach, the slide comes out a few inches. Sounds like slide locks are needed. Don't know why Winnie didn't put locks on that slide like they did the driver's side. Getting up top to put them in is going to be a real pain.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:10 AM   #1161

Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
That's not good news about the kitchen slide. I just had a friend back to Forest City with kitchen slide problems. Now every time he drives the coach, the slide comes out a few inches. Sounds like slide locks are needed. Don't know why Winnie didn't put locks on that slide like they did the driver's side. Getting up top to put them in is going to be a real pain.

We have galley slide issues on our QD. Have been to Forest City 3 times and had the slide worked on 5 times and it still creeps out while driving. This results in a loud rubbing, squeaking noise behind the front passenger seat that is unbearable and creates a safety situation.

Winnebago provided the travel bars to us as a bandaid fix which amounts to adjustable braces that are installed on the inside of the closed slide close to each of the front slide rails.

Moving the passenger seat forward provides room to get them in position. There are no instructions included or available so be careful to position them on the slide and wall frame to prevent damage to the trim.

Travel bars do reduce the travel but do not prevent it. Vibration causes the bars to loosen after about150 miles of travel and the noise starts again. We pull over, toggle the switches to close the slide and re tighten the bars to handle the problems for a while.

We are on our third set of Swintech (sp) rails and motors all done at Forest City and still have the same problems. At least the slide now fully retracts or extends. While at FC, following repairs, it stuck out once and had to be driven from parking to the shop with it out. Returned following that as repaired but would not go out when we parked and repaired yet again.

The issue is not dead and the saga continues on the 2013 and into the 2014 coaches. We need help in the form of a permanent fix. Are you listening Winnebago and Lippert?
Roy-n-Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #1162

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
So far I have just had the constant pop noise from my slide. I complained to Winnie for over a year. They did some insulation, lubed the motor area, but no success. I agree, we need a fix. I cringe every time I put the kitchen slide in or out, wondering if this will be the time it quits. Bar slide locks sound like a pain. Sounds like a safety issue.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote