Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #1163

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
That's not good news about the kitchen slide. I just had a friend back to Forest City with kitchen slide problems. Now every time he drives the coach, the slide comes out a few inches. Sounds like slide locks are needed. Don't know why Winnie didn't put locks on that slide like they did the driver's side. Getting up top to put them in is going to be a real pain.
Doesn't your coach have slide locks? My 2012 does on both the driver and passenger slide. The slide for the King bed does not have one. Its a pretty small slide and probably not needed.

The slide locks are activated at the main control panel.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #1164

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My 2013 Ellipse has the noise coming from the driver's side slide. It makes many noises going down the road and no fix available. My #3 air is now waiting for its number 6 replacement - they all know me at Airxcel. Sent picture of the 5000 btu air sticking out of the side window, it works better than the 13500 btu on the roof.
ken1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:53 PM   #1165

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1961 View Post
My 2013 Ellipse has the noise coming from the driver's side slide. It makes many noises going down the road and no fix available. My #3 air is now waiting for its number 6 replacement - they all know me at Airxcel. Sent picture of the 5000 btu air sticking out of the side window, it works better than the 13500 btu on the roof.
Ken
Have they replaced the J-Box. If one of the mini relays are heat damaged from the first failed unit you may be getting low current intermediately. May be shortening the life of each unit after. Been there done that.
Jesse
Btw I would love to see the 5000 btu picture!
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #1166

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobnett View Post
Did they let you pick it up at the factory? My dealer says they will not let you pick them up anymore.

The dealer wants to deliver to you.
We purchased from Litchtsinn with the agreement that we wanted Winnebago to do the PDI. What wonderful people. No one sat in our seat before us. We drove from the factory to Litchtsinn Motors to say bye to them. Also wonderful people. We drove it like we stole it to sunny Florida to try to miss blizzard like conditions.
Jesse
Old 11-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #1167

2013 Tour Dash Air Quit

Dash air quit after going up to 8000' el then down to 1400' in a matter of hours. Called Winnebago, they said it was Freightliner issue. Took it to Stoops Freightliner, Anderson, IN. They checked for leaks. Could not find any. They then vaccumed all freon out, added dye, and replaced freon. Checked again for leaks. They had to charge it with more freon than listed on nameplate to get it to work. Anyone had similar issues. Now Stoops Freightliner is calling me for payment. Said it would not cover warranty since nothing was wrong and age of the unit. I called them back and said obviously something was wrong. I drove it in without the ac working and I drove it home 7 hours latrer with the ac working, plus the unit is less than three years old. On Freightliners Custom Chassis website they list things covered for 3 years and it included air conditioner. Now I'm concerned how long unit will run, because I think there is a leak. Any suggestions?
Thanks
spanny1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:53 AM   #1168

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like Jesse said. We picked it up at Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City and drove the Coach back to AZ.
Hi Jesse, long time no talk to.
Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:58 AM   #1169

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The two 120V outlets under the kitchen cabinets, on either side of the bottom of the microwave do not work. I can not find a ckt breaker. Any ideas.
Thanks Les
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:06 AM   #1170

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Les
Good to hear from you!
Off the top of my head I would first check the gfi resets on all receptacles.
Jesse
Old 11-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #1171

Kitchen Slide

We have a 2011 qd and our kitchenslide are the same as the driverside, that means at the bottom of the slides and never had a problem.
It makes sense, so all the weight from the pullout is on the gear and no big chance to create problems.
We have for all slides electrical locks which working now percect after a small modification, thats means, there was a washer missing - the result was, the end-position-switch was out of position.
Mabe the mechanic at the side is cheaper to produce and looks nicer, but what it helps if you get sticked somewhere.
All 42 qd owner we meet with this new slide had problems.

Good luck
Marc and Caroline.
Sorry for my english, but we are swiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
I see nothing has been posted on this tread for a while. I hope it has not run it's course. As many of you have expressed the continuing rattle and popping sound coming from the kitchen slide. Well mine has this and been back three times for repair with no luck. they have tried re shimming the slide (lasted 100 miles) , spray lube which is a joke. All with no luck. unit is back with a long list of things broke after just one month (and first trip) since is was in; the shop for over two months.
Now let me get back to the slide. Winnebago now says there is no fix for this problem except for installing slide locks. These go above the slide and you have to take them in and out. which means getting up above the slide when is is retracted. They a providing these at no charge, which is nice since mine is still under warranty . Before I let them do this has anyone else had these installed or know anything about them.

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
That's not good news about the kitchen slide. I just had a friend back to Forest City with kitchen slide problems. Now every time he drives the coach, the slide comes out a few inches. Sounds like slide locks are needed. Don't know why Winnie didn't put locks on that slide like they did the driver's side. Getting up top to put them in is going to be a real pain.
SwissRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:40 AM   #1172

Winnebago Owners Club
Aqua-hot zone heating issue

We just purchased a new to us 2013 Tour 42QD. It is still at the dealers having some things taken care of. I stayed in the coach this past weekend and went through everything I could think of on the coach. I found an issue with the Aqua-hot heating that has to have been there since the coach was new and I am trying to get the dealer to address it before I take delivery. I know the manual states that the Aqua-hot zones are zone 1 front of the coach and zone 2 is the back. When I turn on the heat for zone 1 the heat comes on in the front of the coach but it is controlled by the sensor in the bedroom and when zone 2 is on it is controlled by the sensor in the kitchen. I know that for AC and electric heat the manual has the zones in the opposite order 1 in back and 2 or 3 are in the front and they both work fine. In case the dealer won't address this does anyone know the easiest way to fix this issue or has anyone had the same issue?
Fleskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #1173

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleskies View Post
We just purchased a new to us 2013 Tour 42QD. It is still at the dealers having some things taken care of. I stayed in the coach this past weekend and went through everything I could think of on the coach. I found an issue with the Aqua-hot heating that has to have been there since the coach was new and I am trying to get the dealer to address it before I take delivery. I know the manual states that the Aqua-hot zones are zone 1 front of the coach and zone 2 is the back. When I turn on the heat for zone 1 the heat comes on in the front of the coach but it is controlled by the sensor in the bedroom and when zone 2 is on it is controlled by the sensor in the kitchen. I know that for AC and electric heat the manual has the zones in the opposite order 1 in back and 2 or 3 are in the front and they both work fine. In case the dealer won't address this does anyone know the easiest way to fix this issue or has anyone had the same issue?

My notes:
3-3-13 The last two nights the temps got down to 37 degrees and the darn heat would not work in one zone and sweat us out in the other as it also has acted wacked in cool as well since we got it. After studying Aqua-Hots wiring schematic as well as WInnebagos wiring codes I realized that zone one and zone two's therm wires were reversed at the aqua-hot system so it had been trying to bring the zone temp down to satisfy and was unable to as the command call was in the other room.

Here is what was wrong:

Wire 90 and 91 was hooked to zone 2 (Therm-O and Therm-I) and should have been hooked to zone 1 (Therm-O and Therm-I)

Wire 94 and 95 was hooked to zone 1 (Therm-O and Therm-I) and should have been hooked to zone 2 (Therm-O and Therm-I)

All zones work well now in heat and cool.
Jesse
Old 11-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #1174

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
My notes:
3-3-13 The last two nights the temps got down to 37 degrees and the darn heat would not work in one zone and sweat us out in the other as it also has acted wacked in cool as well since we got it. After studying Aqua-Hots wiring schematic as well as WInnebagos wiring codes I realized that zone one and zone two's therm wires were reversed at the aqua-hot system so it had been trying to bring the zone temp down to satisfy and was unable to as the command call was in the other room.

Here is what was wrong:

Wire 90 and 91 was hooked to zone 2 (Therm-O and Therm-I) and should have been hooked to zone 1 (Therm-O and Therm-I)

Wire 94 and 95 was hooked to zone 1 (Therm-O and Therm-I) and should have been hooked to zone 2 (Therm-O and Therm-I)

All zones work well now in heat and cool.
Jesse

Mine was the same, changed the wires and works fine. Winnebago can send your dealer instructions and a diagram.

Scott
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #1175

Winnebago Owners Club
Jesse,

Thank you, that's exactly what is happening and what I needed

Jeff
Fleskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #1176

Winnebago Owners Club
Jeff
Congratulations with your new coach! We love ours.
Jesse