Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #211

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Fellow Tour folks, I just downloaded the Cummins app for iOS and put in my engine serial number. It will tell you build dates and all of f the info about your Cummins engine. It also allows you to look up fault codes. A parts catalog for your specific engine with part numbers is included. Great new tool to use for those with a Cummins.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2014, 09:04 PM   #212

Winnebago Owners Club
I will have to try that!
Thanks

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:42 AM   #213

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Hey all...
Don't know if this has happened to you or not.
I took my coach in for service and despite the advisor telling me it would be plugged in it wasn't. The service went fine but when I started out in my trip and got thirsty I noticed no ice. Went to bed, woke up, still no ice.
After a little time googling (ha) i looked at the ice maker and saw a tiny bit of ice coming up over the little place where the full tube hovers.
A hair dryer and some patience and voila. I now have ice....and nothing to complain about (for the moment).

Keep warm, travel safe.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:39 AM   #214

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post
Hey Fellow Tour folks, I just downloaded the Cummins app for iOS and put in my engine serial number. It will tell you build dates and all of f the info about your Cummins engine. It also allows you to look up fault codes. A parts catalog for your specific engine with part numbers is included. Great new tool to use for those with a Cummins.

Do you have a link for where you get the app?

Thanks.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:17 PM   #215

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Go to the App Store and put in cummins inc. You will see an app called quick serve. Download from there.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:48 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Thanks for that. Appreciate the vote of confidence. Dont think I made any mention of wanting to run down the road with them open but . . . . The comment was aimed at the least quality fan in the high end coach. Go figure.

Have fantastic fans in the 5er. A both are rain sensors and have reversing fans. We set the one with the thermostat to the desired temperature and open the other at night without the fan running to cool the place down. When the desired temperature is made the fan shuts off and the vent closes. In the 10 years we used them never had an issue with the thermostat or rain sensor not working properly.

I put vent covers on all of the other vents but the fantastic cover restricts the opening of the vent cover. That restricts the air flow.

I will be replacing this fantastic fan with a reversing, thermostatically controlled, rain sensing fan.
I wouldn't worry too much about being told you don't have common sense by that guy Gordon, he is the last guy on here who should be saying that. Good luck with your project.
Brent
Old 11-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #217

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RvWarner View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about being told you don't have common sense by that guy Gordon, he is the last guy on here who should be saying that. Good luck with your project.
Brent
Thanks Brent.
Was not overly concerned about the comment but was confused by his take on the matter. I have been accused of worse than lack of common sense.

My reply was meant to help him understand the situation. Something his comments showed he did not fathom.
Old 11-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #218

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Vanity mirror for the DW

My darling wife wanted a vanity mirror in the half bath of our Tour QD. Apparently, it is important to her to have a 10x magnification in order to put on make-up. Honestly, I like her just fine with or without make-up (but, am smart enough to always complement when asked).

Here are the pics I took along the way. I was originally concerned about the fact that I knew the wall was a hollow wall. A nice gentleman at Home Depot walked me over to these really awesome wall anchors. I truly believe they will stay in place forever (please don't ruin this fantasy). The hole is 5/16"

These are also available at the big box stores from about $30-$150 depending on your taste and style. I opted to not get involved with installing one that was lighted.

Sorry, a couple of photos posted sideways.
enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2082.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	78038   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2083.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	78039  

Name:	IMG_2084.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	331.0 KB
ID:	78040   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2085.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	78041  

Old 11-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #219

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnteacherguy View Post
My darling wife wanted a vanity mirror in the half bath of our Tour QD. Apparently, it is important to her to have a 10x magnification in order to put on make-up. Honestly, I like her just fine with or without make-up (but, am smart enough to always complement when asked).

Here are the pics I took along the way. I was originally concerned about the fact that I knew the wall was a hollow wall. A nice gentleman at Home Depot walked me over to these really awesome wall anchors. I truly believe they will stay in place forever (please don't ruin this fantasy). The hole is 5/16"

These are also available at the big box stores from about $30-$150 depending on your taste and style. I opted to not get involved with installing one that was lighted.

Sorry, a couple of photos posted sideways.

enjoy.
Looks great!
The lighting in that bath is awsome.
DW has been after me to do something like this for her.
Thanks
Jesse
Old 11-13-2014, 02:19 PM   #220

Winnebago Owners Club
I have heard a that many 42 QD owners and owners with the Schwintek slide mechanisms have had had issues of a squeaking or rattling noise while traveling. I learned early on that the slide out controllers have a settable motor stall limiter dial. It bothered me that the slide out would close and open with a great deal of force. My limit dial was set at 80% from the factory. I first moved it down to 50% and noticed a very pleasing difference. I kept moving the stall setting down and trying the slide out. I got all the way down to 15% then the slide would stop in motion before it finished its travel. Then I moved it up to 20% where it has been now for almost a year. The slide is designed to move freely on the rollers. What I have noticed is that if anything gets in the way of the slide it will stop without doing any damage. Once a piece of wood trim got in the way (my wood working) and once a slide seal came loose due to pine needles getting under the slide cover and binded just enough to trip the stall switch. Twice I have pulled away from a site and heard the squeaking/rattling noise. I pulled over extended the slide out 6"s then re-stowed and the noise went away and didn't return.
I believe that many of the problems with the heaver / larger Schwintek slide systems is due to the stall limits set too high and puts too much stress on the system. My slide closes all the way but not with force. These electric motors have 300 and 500 to one gear reductions attached. Again I believe that if you close these slides with too much force the gear reduction that is designed to stay put during travel is forced to reverse to a loose close causing the slide system to rattle and squeak. I believe there is nothing wrong with slide locks as an added protection but they should not have to be used to prevent slide noises.
Jesse
Old 11-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #221

Winnebago Owners Club
Slide limiter dial

Hi Jesse, you always have Sooo many great posts, perhaps a position as quality control manager with winnebago should be in your future. Where exactly is this slide limiter dial located? Look forward to hearing back from you.

Ranger Rick
2013 Winn. Tour QD
2010 Chevy equinox
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #222

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
Hi Jesse, you always have Sooo many great posts, perhaps a position as quality control manager with winnebago should be in your future. Where exactly is this slide limiter dial located? Look forward to hearing back from you.

Ranger Rick

2013 Winn. Tour QD

2010 Chevy equinox

Thanks for the kind words Ranger Rick. The slide control for the large passenger slide out is located in the cargo bay directly under the sofa.

Info from Schwintek:
Press mode button 4 times quickly, then press a 5th time and hold for approximately 5 seconds. The red led will start to flash, flash, flash. Break the seal on the cover over the stall force calibration hole. Directly below the sealed hole is a potentiometer. Using a small screwdriver to increase the stall force by turning clockwise, turning counter-clockwise will reduce stall force. Once the desired setting has been reached press the mode button and both led’s will light up. The board is now back in auto mode. It is desirable to increase the stall force only enough to insure proper functioning of the room.Increasing the setting beyond the amount needed only shortens system life.

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416017442.478518.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	879.0 KB
ID:	79071Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416017467.910007.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	614.2 KB
ID:	79072Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416017491.761885.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	722.2 KB
ID:	79073Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416017528.677506.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	820.2 KB
ID:	79074

Jesse
Old 11-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
Hi Jesse, you always have Sooo many great posts, perhaps a position as quality control manager with winnebago should be in your future.

Ranger Rick
2013 Winn. Tour QD
2010 Chevy equinox
Times 2 , I have gotten loads of information from his posts - Jesse is The Man!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:44 AM   #224

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post

where to you find the cummins engine serial number?

Tags
winnebago