Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #463

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
I have a problem with my 13 tour. I turned the AC units on today and only zone 1 and zone2 came up on the thermostat. It is in the cool mode and the the 1&2 zone ore working but no zone 3 even so up. Has anyone else had this problem

Found this

Comfort.zc model 8330 thermostat goes nuts

Our thermostat lost it's mind last night - Zone 3 disappeared - the thermostat couldn't even see it. We've had LOTS of rain here and the first thunderstorms of the year (Galveston Texas), but we never lost power and our power protection said all was well. We did change out 2 light fixtures for LED fixtures - but that was early in the day with the thermostat working happily.

So I searched for "missing zone" etc on the web and ended up here where I saw a lot of posts on similar problems in various forums here, and decided to try to fix it myself.

I didn't disconnect the house batteries (Winnebago posts) or buy a choke (yet) (various posts).

I set the control slide switch to "off", and removed the cover of the thermostat by gently prying on the left side of the cover, and then opened the fuse by pulling it from the right side of it's connection holder. Count to 15, put it back in. put the slide switch in "cool" et voila - all is well.

Put the cover back on and we're chillin' just fine.

I would just turn the house battery switch off for a short bit and then back on.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2016, 08:03 PM   #464

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Refrigerator door

Took the coach out for the first time and headed for the mountains. Had a problem with the right door opening and closing. I know many of you have logged many miles so please share how you keep the doors fastened thank you
Bob
Rbeckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:23 AM   #465

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeckwith View Post
Took the coach out for the first time and headed for the mountains. Had a problem with the right door opening and closing. I know many of you have logged many miles so please share how you keep the doors fastened thank you
Bob
I had the same problem and it turns out Winnebago forgot to put a lock on the right door. Check the door and top of the fridge. If there is a lock, which is a plastic, check it, as it may be broke.

Mark
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 08:59 PM   #466

Winnebago Owners Club
Carefree Eclipse patio awning failure

Awning tripped a beaker twice and would not move. Removed the motor, cleaned the armature, lube the shaft ends. Was very dry. Reinstalled works well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1468896851.932816.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	133535Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1468896880.221388.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	133536Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1468896903.308669.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	133537Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1468896929.162051.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	133538Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1468896954.463432.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	133539

Jesse
Old 07-18-2016, 10:21 PM   #467

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Awesome Jesse! Thanks for the pics as well!

Nice not to have to worry about that main spring like the manual awnings have!
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:05 AM   #468

Winnebago Owners Club
It has a spring. You just have to lock the roller in place by sticking a screwdriver in the upper rear of the awning before you remove the three bolts that hold the motor in place. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1468933507.292086.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	133553

Jesse
Old 07-19-2016, 08:40 AM   #469

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
It has a spring. You just have to lock the roller in place by sticking a screwdriver in the upper rear of the awning before you remove the three bolts that hold the motor in place. Attachment 133553

Jesse
Oops! Thanks for that. I would have not thought to go to the other end for a spring. I honestly didn't think they needed them.
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:17 AM   #470

Quote:
Carefree Eclipse patio awning failure

Awning tripped a beaker twice and would not move. Removed the motor, cleaned the armature, lube the shaft ends. Was very dry. Reinstalled works well.

Attachment 133535Attachment 133536Attachment 133537Attachment 133538Attachment 133539

Jesse

Jesse,
I have had the same problem. Could give me a few more details about removing the motor. Did you have to support the awning when you removed the motor?
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:55 AM   #471

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by F117plt View Post
Jesse,
I have had the same problem. Could give me a few more details about removing the motor. Did you have to support the awning when you removed the motor?
You must lock the awning roller before removing the motor. Then no need to Suport the awning as long as you only remove the 3 bolts that hold the motor on and not the whole motor/ gear assembly.

See page 7 if it is stuck closed and 9 if it's stuck open. If it will open at least 12"s you are better off. Then you can remove 7 screws to remove the 2 part plastic cover to access the 3 motor bolts.

My awning stuck open and I was able to lock the awning roller in place with a screwdriver at the rear upper end. If yours is stuck closed will need to break the cover off to access the motor.
Please have another person with you and be carful as in this position when you remove the motor the awning can then move out and knock you off of the ladder.

One thing to try if it is stuck totally closed. Reset breaker if tripped. Have someone bump the awning extend switch slightly while you are pulling out on the front awning arm.

https://www.e-carefree.com/documenta...e%20Manual.pdf
Jesse
Old 07-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #472

Quote:
You must lock the awning roller before removing the motor. Then no need to Suport the awning as long as you only remove the 3 bolts that hold the motor on and not the whole motor/ gear assembly.

See page 7 if it is stuck closed and 9 if it's stuck open. If it will open at least 12"s you are better off. Then you can remove 7 screws to remove the 2 part plastic cover to access the 3 motor bolts.

My awning stuck open and I was able to lock the awning roller in place with a screwdriver at the rear upper end. If yours is stuck closed will need to break the cover off to access the motor.
Please have another person with you and be carful as in this position when you remove the motor the awning can then move out and knock you off of the ladder.

One thing to try if it is stuck totally closed. Reset breaker if tripped. Have someone bump the awning extend switch slightly while you are pulling out on the front awning arm.

https://www.e-carefree.com/documenta...e%20Manual.pdf
Jesse

Thanks, Jesse. My awning doesn't have a breaker, but it has been blowing the fuse. Right now it is working with a 20amp fuse instead of the 15amp fuse that was originally installed by Winnebago. I'll take the motor off and service it as you recommended.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #473

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Been here at Forest city for Service and the GNR for 3 weeks and it seems that I ran into at least 10 Tour owners who had the slide problem and while it Service ended up switching the gear system out to the Power Gear. I hope mine works.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:58 AM   #474

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
Been here at Forest city for Service and the GNR for 3 weeks and it seems that I ran into at least 10 Tour owners who had the slide problem and while it Service ended up switching the gear system out to the Power Gear. I hope mine works.
I have kind of lost the plot here. What year coach are the slides a problem? Mine is a 2012 and I have not experienced any problems to date.

Thanks.

NOVA
Old 07-25-2016, 08:10 AM   #475

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
We have the power gear and have not had a slide problem, but did have a slide motor problem in that the power connection came apart on the back motor. Long reach to get to it.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:48 PM   #476

Winnebago Owners Club
Installed a nest cam to monitor the temperature real time for when we are out and about. Works well.
JesseClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1470106074.912772.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	134708

Tags
winnebago