Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #631

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'd like to reiterate what others say about how nice getting help on here is. Just bought a new Ellipse and am looking forward to learning about it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2017, 08:15 PM   #632

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
I'd like to reiterate what others say about how nice getting help on here is. Just bought a new Ellipse and am looking forward to learning about it.

Hey congrats folks! Hope you enjoy many happy safe miles in the new coach. You've got a nice one there....please post pics! Any questions you may have along the way.......ask away!

Best regards,
W.D.
2014 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 07:14 PM   #633

Winnebago Owners Club
Redid mine too. Used vinyl planking for treads and different pattern for risers. Left Winnies glue on the steps, added fresh contact adhesive over top. Used a rubber nose piece from a flooring wholesaler for trim. Much better than factory!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steps.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	149816  
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:07 PM   #634

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rear camera

Help, getting a no video present on the screen, I know this has been discussed before. I can't seem to be able to remove the screen to check for loose wires, I have removed the 4 small screws but no movement. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Bob
Also do I need to lubricate the rams on the leveling jacks, we will have been here for a couple of months. If so what lubricant should I use ?
Rbeckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:37 PM   #635

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bob
If you have some sort of cup holder in a tray directly in front of the screen, it might 'pull up' and gain you better access to wiring.

I use CRC Lube with Teflon (PTFE) on my jacks, slides, etc.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #636

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rear camera not working

Help I know this has been discussed before but I can't get the screen remove from radio as was suggested to check for loose wires. Any help,also do I need to lubricant leveling rams as we have been here a few months. If so what with?
Thanks
Old 02-06-2017, 03:14 PM   #637

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camera sorry didn't mean to post twice but didn't see the first post.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:25 AM   #638

I didn't watch him take the screen out, but I know that's how you access the wires. Have you tried pulling on it? I know, once inside, there is a huge mass of wires, a floating junction box, and the wires "plug" into the box. The problem is two-fold; 1. The wires do not screw in, and the plug is not a tight fit (the tech that worked on mind tried pinching them in), and 2. the box is attached to nothing, so bounces around, thus the "disconnect". My tech used velcro to attach the box to the section of wall inside this jungle of wires, and that theoretically will help the problem.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:59 PM   #639

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Steve, took the cover off the camera at the rear of the coach. Found a wire connector for the camera wiggled it and camera began to work. Figured out a place to rest the connector so the weight of the wire wouldn't be hanging on the connector. We'll see if it remains working thanks again.
Bob
Old 02-07-2017, 01:05 PM   #640

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I took the cover off on the dash by steering wheel and found a connector box. It had connectors for right and left and rear cameras. As well as rca rca plugs for video and audio in. Plus a 12 volt positive and negative. Unplugged them one at a time to make sure of the connection. Rear camera still not working so that's when I move to the rear and found the loose connector.
Thanks for your help Bob
Old 02-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #641

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I took the cover off on the dash by steering wheel and found a connector box. It had connectors for right and left and rear cameras. As well as rca rca plugs for video and audio in. Plus a 12 volt positive and negative. Unplugged them one at a time to make sure of the connection. Rear camera still not working so that's when I move to the rear and found the loose connector.
Thanks for your help Bob
Old 02-13-2017, 11:15 AM   #642

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2014 Tour 42QD. I noticed today that the front of the passenger slide is not all the way out, it stops about a inch from being fully out. I read the service manual and found the jog mode where you can move the slide side on side at a time. Would using this mode be the right thing to do? If it is where in the controlled located for the front passenger slide?
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:04 PM   #643

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ron On my '15 the control is on the ceiling of the large bay directly under the slide (may have the pull-out tray). I don't have enough knowledge to comment on pro or con of the jog mode.

When I had a similar problem WBGO recommended I extend and retract the slide a few times and ensure that I held the switch in the activated position for about 4 - 5 seconds after the slide stopped moving. I did that - and the motors 're-synched' and the slide evened out.

The forward edge of the slide continued over time to 'self-deploy' from 1 - 4". WBGO replaced the fixed track and motors at no expense to me though out of warranty.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #644

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the info. I brace the front of the slide out every time we travel. I noticed it sometimes came out while traveling. So now it can't. Agin thanks.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago