Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #85

Winnebago Owners Club
Tour Ellipse QD enhancements

Also wanted to show off my handywork on my QD. Added a drawer under the cooktop above the dishwasher. Makes a convenient place for knives, cooking utensils, etc. The existing blank panel was removed and used for the drawer front. Secondly, I added a ceiling fan in the living room/kitchen. I used the same brand of fan that Winne uses in the bedroom. Power was obtained from the existing ceiling vent fan location. Does a great job of moving air with or without using AC. Both fans utilize a remote control so that fan speeds and on/off can be controlled remotely. Anyone want details, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1364 (2).jpg
Views:	268
Size:	528.7 KB
ID:	56805   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1370 (2).jpg
Views:	283
Size:	419.6 KB
ID:	56806  

bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2014, 11:06 PM   #86

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertman View Post
Also wanted to show off my handywork on my QD. Added a drawer under the cooktop above the dishwasher. Makes a convenient place for knives, cooking utensils, etc. The existing blank panel was removed and used for the drawer front. Secondly, I added a ceiling fan in the living room/kitchen. I used the same brand of fan that Winne uses in the bedroom. Power was obtained from the existing ceiling vent fan location. Does a great job of moving air with or without using AC. Both fans utilize a remote control so that fan speeds and on/off can be controlled remotely. Anyone want details, let me know.
bertman
You are brilliant! I love it all! We are having that drawer! What an awsome idea! Can't wait to show my DW.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:27 PM   #87

Winnebago Owners Club
Bertman

Love the drawer, how much did you enlarge the original opening and how deep did you make the drawer? I noticed the back of a electrical box on the right side, obviously you couldn't go beyond that for drawer depth. Also interested in how you mounted drawer guides? Great idea and I look forward to your response.

Ranger Rick
2013 Tour QD
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #88

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Great job on finding more drawer space in the kitchen. I would have never thought of that. Please share on how you did it, as it is going on my growing list of things to do.

Thanks,

Mark
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #89

Winnebago Owners Club
The Kitchen Drawer . . . Pop off the blank plate above the dishwasher. Enlarge the cutout to 3 1/2" high by 19" wide. Look to the back of the opening. At the rear is a metal plate that is part of the guard for the range top. Fasten a piece of 3" high by 20" wide by 3/4" wood to this plate. This will make it easier to fasten the drawer slide brackets. Drawer is 18" wide and 20" deep by 2 1/2" high. Made from 1/2" Baltic Birch Plywood. Drawer slides are Woodworkers Hardware (wwhardware.com) KV8400 BRV18. These are made for RV use with a stay closed feature (VERY IMPORTANT!). About $20. Use the blank plate removed in first step as the drawer front. I did find the exact drawer pull that WB uses on the above site but don't have the P/N. I also fabricate a simple piece of sheetmetal fastened to the top of the cutout and extending to the rear of the stove top. Not sure if this is really necessary as there is absolutely no heat or open flame below the stove top. But, just a precaution. Let me know if you need more info.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	draw II.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	57009   Click image for larger version

Name:	draw I.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	57010  

Old 02-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #90

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey JBMSR . . . nice slide out for the trash. But, I have to say . . mine is better!!!! 38 bottles of the finest, refreshment! Just kidding, but I'll let the DW deal with the trash, I'll manage the wine!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pull out.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	57011  
Old 02-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #91

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Hey JBMSR . . . nice slide out for the trash. But, I have to say . . mine is better!!!! 38 bottles of the finest, refreshment! Just kidding, but I'll let the DW deal with the trash, I'll manage the wine!
I LOVE IT!
LOL
I have a trash tray.
You have a get trashed tray!

Jesse
Old 02-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #92

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The Kitchen Drawer . . . Pop off the blank plate above the dishwasher. Enlarge the cutout to 3 1/2" high by 19" wide. Look to the back of the opening. At the rear is a metal plate that is part of the guard for the range top. Fasten a piece of 3" high by 20" wide by 3/4" wood to this plate. This will make it easier to fasten the drawer slide brackets. Drawer is 18" wide and 20" deep by 2 1/2" high. Made from 1/2" Baltic Birch Plywood. Drawer slides are Woodworkers Hardware (wwhardware.com) KV8400 BRV18. These are made for RV use with a stay closed feature (VERY IMPORTANT!). About $20. Use the blank plate removed in first step as the drawer front. I did find the exact drawer pull that WB uses on the above site but don't have the P/N. I also fabricate a simple piece of sheetmetal fastened to the top of the cutout and extending to the rear of the stove top. Not sure if this is really necessary as there is absolutely no heat or open flame below the stove top. But, just a precaution. Let me know if you need more info.
Bob, thank you for the very detailed instructions. My coach is sitting in the cold right now but this project is defintely on my list. One of the first things I noticed after getting the coach was the limited drawer space, particularly for larger utensils. This is perfect! When I actually get to the project I may have some additional questions.

Thanks for sharing!

Mark
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:31 AM   #93

Winnebago Owners Club
Drawer above dishwasher

Bertrand,thanks for the detailed response to drawer install. It looks like you also installed rear mounting brackets to attach slides in the back, if that is true do you have a part number or are they just kv 8400 rear brackets? Thanks again.

Ranger rick
Tour QD 2013
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #94

front drawer

Quote:
Bob, very nice job. I went out and started on mine, but noticed my front blank is only 3 3/8" wide. Yours must be wider to make your opening 3 1/2" wide. It looks like I can on go only 3 1/4" wide on the opening unless I am missing something. Also did you remove the cooktop or just work through the opening you made in the front. Again very nice job.
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #95

OMG! I just KNEW that we could have a drawer there! Now the husband has no excuses because it's already been done! WooooHooooo!
THANK YOU!
sawdustsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustsal View Post
OMG! I just KNEW that we could have a drawer there! Now the husband has no excuses because it's already been done! WooooHooooo!
THANK YOU!
LOL someone's in trouble!
Freestyle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #97

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
Bob, very nice job. I went out and started on mine, but noticed my front blank is only 3 3/8" wide. Yours must be wider to make your opening 3 1/2" wide. It looks like I can on go only 3 1/4" wide on the opening unless I am missing something. Also did you remove the cooktop or just work through the opening you made in the front. Again very nice job.
I wonder if the clearance is different with the type of cook top.
Jesse
Old 03-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #98

Winnebago Owners Club
Our Ideal Rest controllers and cords finally have a home and no longer irritate the DW. Took me 16 months. Sometimes the simplest things matter so much.

Jesse
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1342773374.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	57318  

Tags
winnebago