Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #113

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi Mark
DW says she has never noticed one side deflating like that. Once you air them up and use them do they stay at your desired pressure or does one leak down?
Jesse
Hi Jesse, finally two days with somewhat warmer weather back to back so I was able to extend the bedroom slide and fill the bed. With the bed flat, the bed seems to hold air overnight, but as soon as I started to bring the bed to the upright position, I can hear a lot of air escaping, causing one side of the bed to deflate quickly.

Now I'm wondering if the bed was even designed to be used in the upright position for reading. I do see that you are suppose to deflated the bed to 25 psi or below before bringing in the bed slide.

Mark
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2014, 04:39 AM   #114

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Mark

I am happy to hear you are having some warmer days. I found this from the manufacture of our beds:

We want you to sleep well & enjoy your relationship with InnoMax and we will work hard to ensure that you are pleased. Just give us a call if you have any issues - as we take pride in solving them. Thank You - InnoMax.
tel:1-800-466-6629

Winnebago is a very valuable customer to them.
They want you happy.
Let me know what you find out.

I wish you more warm days so you can enjoy that fine rig.

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #115

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank Jesse, I find the information that comes with the coach is not very detailed so I'll give them a call and get the detailed manual.

I found others on the IRV2 website who had similar problems with the bed leaking down. One of the fixes noted, was eliminating a "kink" in the air hose. I found that I too had a kink but it was not a total closure of the air line. I moved the hose around and took some plyers to the hose, opening up the area that was out of round. I filled the bed while in the upright position and it seemed to work great....

Thanks,

Mark
Old 03-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #116

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1b View Post
Thank Jesse, I find the information that comes with the coach is not very detailed so I'll give them a call and get the detailed manual.

I found others on the IRV2 website who had similar problems with the bed leaking down. One of the fixes noted, was eliminating a "kink" in the air hose. I found that I too had a kink but it was not a total closure of the air line. I moved the hose around and took some plyers to the hose, opening up the area that was out of round. I filled the bed while in the upright position and it seemed to work great....

Thanks,

Mark
Thank you Mark
Now I know what to look for if my system acts up. Btw I had to show my brother your jack pads. He was impressed.

Jesse
Old 03-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #117

Winnebago Owners Club
Drawer slide question

I would like to make and install a drawer in my 2013 tour QD over the dishwasher. I think it would be easier to attach drawer slides if either the induction stove top or dishwasher was removed. Anyone removed either of these units? Thanks

Ranger rick
2013 tour qd
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #118

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
I would like to make and install a drawer in my 2013 tour QD over the dishwasher. I think it would be easier to attach drawer slides if either the induction stove top or dishwasher was removed. Anyone removed either of these units? Thanks

Ranger rick
2013 tour qd
High Ranger Rick
I have removed the dishwasher and gas cook top which I believe would be similar. I did this to reinstall the rubber seal that slipped out due to an off center install. I believe I removed the dishwasher drawer to access screws and slid it out. Above the dishwasher there is a black metal plate that a few screws removed will get it out. I will attach picks that might help.

Jesse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2805907065.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	58769   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-892771780.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	234.2 KB
ID:	58770  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-443595089.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	272.2 KB
ID:	58771  
Old 03-20-2014, 07:33 PM   #119

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Drawer/Dishwasher Removal/Rubber Seal

Quote:
High Ranger Rick
I have removed the dishwasher and gas cook top which I believe would be similar. I did this to reinstall the rubber seal that slipped out due to an off center install. I believe I removed the dishwasher drawer to access screws and slid it out. Above the dishwasher there is a black metal plate that a few screws removed will get it out. I will attach picks that might help.

Jesse
Hi Jesse, I asked the dealer to fix the rubber seal that gapped in one corner around my gas stove top, prior to buying it. Rather than do it the right way, like you did, he apparently just used some picks to pull the seal up. It looked 10 times worse than before he worked on it, so I just decided I'd likely need to order a new one and do it myself as I was on a tight time schedule at the time.

I recently pulled off the wood cover, between the dishwasher and stove to check it out for a possible drawer install. I was hoping I could get access to the screws on the stove thru that slot, but the opening was much too small for my hands. Not sure how hard the removal of the dishwasher was but removing it might also make an install of the drawer much easier.

Mark
Old 03-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #120

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Hi Jesse, I asked the dealer to fix the rubber seal that gapped in one corner around my gas stove top, prior to buying it. Rather than do it the right way, like you did, he apparently just used some picks to pull the seal up. It looked 10 times worse than before he worked on it, so I just decided I'd likely need to order a new one and do it myself as I was on a tight time schedule at the time.

I recently pulled off the wood cover, between the dishwasher and stove to check it out for a possible drawer install. I was hoping I could get access to the screws on the stove thru that slot, but the opening was much too small for my hands. Not sure how hard the removal of the dishwasher was but removing it might also make an install of the drawer much easier.

Mark
Hey Mark
After looking at my future drawer area. I believe I will order the lower drawer,
handle, latch, drawer slides and braces from Lichtsinn and cut the drawer box down to attach to the upper wood cover. The dishwasher removal is quick and would give some much needed room to work.
You are so rite about buying a new rubber seal. If I had it to go a over I would. What a chore getting the old one back on correctly after it was stretched. The stove top hole is almost to large. There is very little tolerance getting it aligned correctly.

Jesse
Old 03-20-2014, 08:57 PM   #121

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
future drawer area

Quote:
Hey Mark
After looking at my future drawer area. I believe I will order the lower drawer,
handle, latch, drawer slides and braces from Lichtsinn and cut the drawer box down to attach to the upper wood cover. The dishwasher removal is quick and would give some much needed room to work.
You are so rite about buying a new rubber seal. If I had it to go a over I would. What a chore getting the old one back on correctly after it was stretched. The stove top hole is almost to large. There is very little tolerance getting it aligned correctly.

Jesse
Jesse that's a great idea you have on the lower drawer. Are you planning on ordering the entire drawer or the individual parts, (assuming you can order the parts individually) for the drawer?

I came to a similar conclusion (that the hole for the stove top was cut too large) when I first saw the gap (approx. 1/8") in one corner. When the dealer did his thing, the gasket was so much worse that I wish I had never mention it.

It's too bad dealers and service folks don't realize how much future business they lose when they don't do the job the right way. Especially when others find out and may choose to go elsewhere as well.

Mark
Old 03-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #122

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Jesse that's a great idea you have on the lower drawer. Are you planning on ordering the entire drawer or the individual parts, (assuming you can order the parts individually) for the drawer?

I came to a similar conclusion (that the hole for the stove top was cut too large) when I first saw the gap (approx. 1/8") in one corner. When the dealer did his thing, the gasket was so much worse that I wish I had never mention it.

It's too bad dealers and service folks don't realize how much future business they lose when they don't do the job the right way. Especially when others find out and may choose to go elsewhere as well.

Mark
If I can get all but the front of the drawer would be best. Not sure how they sell it. I am with you on the dealer thing. You are close to Winnebago. Have you ever had them do anything?
Old 03-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #123

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
If I can get all but the front of the drawer would be best. Not sure how they sell it. I am with you on the dealer thing. You are close to Winnebago. Have you ever had them do anything?
Hi Jesse,

Since you get your projects done quicker than I do, please let me know what you find on the best drawer approach. I certainly don't like the idea of trying to build the entire drawer from scratch. Thanks for the pictures.

I'll have to look to see where the screws to remove the dishwasher are located. Suppose it would make sense to order the new gasket for the stove top and get the drawer supplies first, so I only have to pull and reinstall the dishwasher once.

I have not used the Winnebago Factory in Forest City to do any work, however a good friend of mine who owns a Winnebago has had work done at the factory and he was very pleased with the work and highly recommend it.

Mark
Old 03-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #124

I repaired the gasket around the cooktop myself recently. I removed the bottom drawer from the extendable island, removed the stop and took the island out. I was able to crawl inside the empty cabinet and there was enough room for me to reach in and release the cooktop screws to realign the gasket. If I were going to do it again I would pull off the fake drawer front about the dishwasher and work thru the hole. You could enlarge the hole if needed as long as you stayed smaller than the fake front. When I build the drawer for above the dishwasher I plan to remove the cooktop to make installation of the drawer slides easier.

As for the factory repair work, I have had two Winnebago coaches at the factory for service / minor repairs and would recommend them over Camping World any day. Fixed all the issues quickly and correctly.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #125

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarr1 View Post
I repaired the gasket around the cooktop myself recently. I removed the bottom drawer from the extendable island, removed the stop and took the island out. I was able to crawl inside the empty cabinet and there was enough room for me to reach in and release the cooktop screws to realign the gasket. If I were going to do it again I would pull off the fake drawer front about the dishwasher and work thru the hole. You could enlarge the hole if needed as long as you stayed smaller than the fake front. When I build the drawer for above the dishwasher I plan to remove the cooktop to make installation of the drawer slides easier.

As for the factory repair work, I have had two Winnebago coaches at the factory for service / minor repairs and would recommend them over Camping World any day. Fixed all the issues quickly and correctly.
jmarr1, I would not have thought of getting to the back of the stove, thru the pullout, but it sounds like an easy alternative to removing the dishwasher. I'll need to order the gasket, so by then maybe I'll have the opening enlarged (over the dishwasher for the future drawer), as the opening is currently too small to get my hands thru. I hope the new gasket fills the gaps.
Old 03-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #126

Innomax replaced our compressor on the bed no questions asked.
Called them, told them it didn't pump and they shipped me a replacement.
Along with a fed ex shipping label to ship back.
Took about 10 minutes to replace.
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago