Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #1

2016 Journey 40R water pressure regulator

In reading the well prepared set of manuals that came with our new 40R it recommends a water pressure regulator be installed to keep the water pressure in the 50-55psi range. I would have thought it would have had one installed at the factory. Anyone install one on yours?
wyatt earp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2017, 05:08 PM   #2

I think most people run one in line from source at campground site. Screws on spigot then hose connected
MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt earp View Post
In reading the well prepared set of manuals that came with our new 40R it recommends a water pressure regulator be installed to keep the water pressure in the 50-55psi range. I would have thought it would have had one installed at the factory. Anyone install one on yours?
I am not aware of any Winnebago Product that comes from the factory with a water pressure regulator. It's possible the top of the line Tours do, but other than that it's a owner installed option.

There are several regulators on the market, but the better ones are adjustable and have a built in gauge. We use one like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KH7RFVI...a-317935732947

If you live in a cold climate area it's best to store it in a heated area. We've had to replace our gauge a couple times because it froze. It's obvious when it happens. The needle won't return to the zero position even when there's no pressure on the system
Old 09-22-2017, 02:53 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt earp View Post
I haven't seen any built in regulators. Probably because it needs to go on the water faucet end to protect your hose. Some parks do have water pressure high enough to burst a hose. We are at Cross Creek RV Park in Maggie Valley right now and they did warn us to use a regulator and place it at the faucet. Some parks aren't as thoughtful!
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 06:20 AM   #5

Do not use the cheap in line screw on regulator. Get a Watts or similar one with an attached gauge. The cheap ones tend to cut down on volume as well as pressure.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I spent 50 bucks for a Watts and glad I did. Worth the money and peace of mind also. Most parks are fine with the pressure but a few have extreme 80 plus that could cause a problem with a weak connection in the plumbing in the coach. You don't need these avoidable problems on the road.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, water, water pressure