Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2017, 10:07 AM   #1

2016 Winnebago Adventurer 37F Slide Issues

I have a Winnebago Adventurer 37F that we purchased in Oct 2016. I currently have it in storage for the winter. Last Week, I put the bedroom slide out to access some cabinets, and now am unable to retract the slide. Based upon the codes I am seeing from the controller under the bed, I have a motor one issue. My question is there an easy way to get the slide in so I cancan get it to the dealer for them to look at it?
GBS213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #2

Which slide operator do you have. Will help other responders to know. On our coach the manual says the motors take a lot of power and recommend that coach be running to run them and the jacks as they run off the coach battery and not the hoyse batteries. Not familiar with your coach but might be worth starting the coach if possible to do safely then try to retract. Dont know if you are stored inside. Enjoy your new coach!
Old 02-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #3

Our system is a powergear in wall slide out. I have the batteries on and the engine running when I extend and retract, as well as the levelers extended. Slide went out ok, and if you bump the switch to extend you can hear the motor, but get nothing when you try to retract. From what I can find, there is no easy way to do an emergency retract in this situation.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:03 PM   #4

if you pull both wire harnesses from the controller, you can then manually push the room back in - it unlocks the motors. then click the harnesses back in for travel, or to try it again.

also, many times these systems get out of sync - push the button IN, then OUT, then IN, etc several times and see if that helps. Ours likes it to go all the way OUT, then all the way IN, and then HOLD the button for several extra seconds for it to SYNC the motors.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #5

An update on the issue. had a technician out today. Tried unplugging the motor leads from the controller and pushing the slide in. did not work. Tech was able to apply 12 direct to the motor leads and jog the slide in. Diagnosis is a bad controller

Tags
adventurer, slide, vent, winnebago