Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2017 Journey 40R noise

Took our new Journey to our dealer to fix a noise from the stove exhaust fan port on right side of coach. Dealer said they called Winnebago, who said that the flapper valve in the exhaust vent "is gonna flap" in the wind and make noise. I took the flapper assembly apart and saw a Velcro strip on the underside of the flapper housing. I applied Velcro to the flapper itself, reassembled the unit, and "stuck" the flapper to the housing. The flapper is always open now, but at least it doesn't make noise!
tmattmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2017, 08:25 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Had the same problem. Stuck a piece of foam between the flapper and housing. The vent still opens and the flapper doesn't clunk.

Is your microwave/convection oven vented to the outside? Mine isn't and it really dumps heat into the MH when convection cooking.

Has Winnebago fixed the Tecma toilet so it holds water after the initial flush? If not there is a thread that tells how to fix it.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:45 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiken rver View Post
Had the same problem. Stuck a piece of foam between the flapper and housing. The vent still opens and the flapper doesn't clunk.

Is your microwave/convection oven vented to the outside? Mine isn't and it really dumps heat into the MH when convection cooking.

Has Winnebago fixed the Tecma toilet so it holds water after the initial flush? If not there is a thread that tells how to fix it.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

Good solution on the vent noise. Our microwave vent is like yours, not really vented. We do feel heat in that galley area, but it seems like more of a slide-related air issue since it's not when we use the microwave.
I don't know if we have the toilet issue or not. My wife uses the rear one and she hasn't complained. Will check.
We have enjoyed our coach and are going to the iRV2 ralley soon.
tmattmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:50 AM   #4

Yep, our 40R came equipped with the same noise. Soon as I got home I went to the hardware store and purchased some window screen clips. I have a "tool" to reach up and rotate the clip. Guess the Velcro fix would work as well.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, noise