Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2016, 09:12 AM   #1

2017 Sunstar 29VE

The new Sunstar 29VE does not have a portable satellite connection. Has anyone figured out how to hook one up. Our previous MH Navion had it, but then they made the Substar with 3 TVs and no satellite connection. Why????
Milann is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2016, 09:20 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Funny our 2016 Sunstar 27N has a portable hookup in the water bay, next to the cable hookup.
larryjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #3

Thanks, I'll tell my husband. It does seem silly to not have one.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:38 AM   #4

Winnebago says there isn't one on the 2107 29VE. They are being no help in how to do something to get satellite hookup.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:32 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
You can use the cable coax with a diplexer on each end.

What is a diplexer?
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 01:19 PM   #6

Mine has a cable input jack in the shore power cable bay next to the genset. This cable goes to the antenna amplifier according to the wiring diagrams. I can confirm this was the case on my 26HE.

On the 26HE, I connected the dish cable to this jack outside. Inside I disconnected the cable at the amplifier and connected it to my Direct TV receiver (my receiver is a H25 and also uses a power supply between the dish and the receiver). From the receiver I ran a HDMI cable to the TV. Worked for me.

My Sunstar has a factory installed automatic Winegard sat dome dish on top. Also included with the package is a video switcher and DVD player. Looks like I will have to pick up a SWM8 to make this dish work with my H25 receiver. Unfortunately Winnebago offers no wiring diagram for this factory installed setup on line and I tried to call them today but they are off for the holiday.

If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.

I also couldn't find the leveling manual retract procedures in the manuals including the online info. I had to call the manufacturer and they sent them to me. If anyone needs them, let me know. Better to have them before the jacks won't go up.