Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #1

2017 Winn.Vista LX 35F TV

Hello, New forum member , lots of great information here.
We just took delivery of a new 2017 Winnebago Vista LX 35F. Would love to hear from other Vista 35F owners to share experiences with. This is our Fourth motorhome, one coachman and three winnebagos in 21 years.
Many new features on this model that we've read up on, but a few have us still stumped. The coach TV above the fireplace seems to have an audio cable below connected to another wire but we can't figure out where it goes to. Looks like a headphone jack cable connector (mini kind like for a phone).
Wondering if it's connected to the chassis radio speakers somehow?
Other question is on the Atwood water heater. Was leaking from the drain cap which was not seated correctly from the delaer. We removed and couldn't seem to get it back correctly so we placed a different drain plug in which worked. The dealer told us we can only use the original plastic plug because it the unit overheats it will "blow" the plug as a safety feature. First we heard of that. Last model had a suburban hw heater and we used a metal drain plug with attached anode rod.
Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you!
taw629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2017, 08:21 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
taw629 You mush have an early 2017 model. The wire you see goes to the dash radio see drawing below. Drawings for the late model 2017 do not show the wire. Must have changed the dash radio.
I marked this drawing up last year for my son who has a 2016 35F
The plug is nylon because of the aluminum tank. It is not a safety device. There is a temperature/pressure valve in the upper part of the tank for safety.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Video 2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	173230  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
taw629 You mush have an early 2017 model. The wire you see goes to the dash radio see drawing below. Drawings for the late model 2017 do not show the wire. Must have changed the dash radio.
I marked this drawing up last year for my son who has a 2016 35F
The plug is nylon because of the aluminum tank. It is not a safety device. There is a temperature/pressure valve in the upper part of the tank for safety.
Thank you very much- this is so helpful!! Appreciate your detailed reply. I should download the wiring and plumbing diagrams for refernce. I think there is a number somewhere that tells me if the model is and early or late year mfg. Never occurred to me the low voltage wiring IE AV would be included in the diagrams. Thanks again GRTharris!
taw629 is offline   Reply With Quote