Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2017, 07:50 AM   #1

2017 Winnebago Grand Tour Lippert Bed Riser Failure

Has anyone had a problem withe a bed riser system failure? I cannot raise the bed which means I cannot retract the slide. I contacted the riser manufacturer, Lippert, and Winnebago and they said there is no manual way to raise the bed. I am stuck at a camp site. HELP would be appreciated. Thank you!
Ron B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Ron! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sorry I can't help with your problem! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:03 AM   #3

Have any photos of your lippert bed.
lrsses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
We had the same issue with our Tour. Under the bed you will find a relay switch flashing red. There is a reset button you can push. It will reset and the bed will move..only inches at a time. Keep resetting the switch until the bed is stowed. I moved the relay switch to the outside of the bed frame for ease of access in case it happened again.

That should get you moving again, but you will probably need a new motor for your bed.

Hope this helps
akcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:28 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have a friend with a 2013 Tour and he has had to fight with the bed electronics every time he uses the coach. I do not understand why he puts up with it.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B. View Post
I contacted the riser manufacturer, Lippert, and Winnebago and they said there is no manual way to raise the bed. I am stuck at a camp site.
WOW, 1/2 a million dollar coach, can't get the bed up and no help other than that answer?

I just read this on lichtsinn.com. This is obviously boiler plate copy from WGO Marketing Dept:
Carefree Diesel Days! We are pleased to announce Carefree Diesel Days, an extended warranty promotion for Winnebago diesel pushers! At Winnebago, innovation isn't limited to our cutting edge products. We also lead in after sale service support. So while some manufacturers such as Tiffin District Service Centers are turning coaches older than 4 years away from their service facilities, Winnebago will be there for you, today, tomorrow and for years to come. This program extends the warranty on our diesel pusher lineup -- all built on Freightliner chassis -- to an industry-leading 3 years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first. Winnebago has always stood behind its products, and for anyone who is concerned about service, this program clearly demonstrates the confidence we have in our diesel pusher lineup!

Stunning......

To the OP;
BTW...
Put your MH information into your signature
I know you mentioned your MH in your POST, but take a couple of minutes to fill out your signature with other information about your MH. This is will really help for all future posts.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Scroll down and click “Settings & Options”
3) Click “Edit Signature”
4) In that text box type all the information about your MH. Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed and so on.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:39 AM   #7

Thanks for the reply. The 6 prong wires to the relay switch clip do not clip on. The small metal-prongs are bent or broken. I'm looking for a manual way to raise the bed.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #8

Jayco Owners Club
http://happijac.com/images/pdfs/Bed-...Manual2012.pdf

Not sure if this is your unit but maybe ?
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #9

Thanks still can't get the bed to move
Old 04-13-2020, 06:03 AM   #10

I had the same issue, however guys from the other company where I did order a new riser helped me to move it and then changed it. I've ordered iPrimio Aluminum as it is much more secure and I know that it just can't break. I found it while searching for a new bed riser, I discovered an article giving the bed riser reviews and a small but helpful guide how to choose a proper bed riser. It really helped me, so try to check it!
Kylie100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:06 PM   #11

Thanks for irv2 forum my bed would not lift, 1st info saved vacation
Billy Burnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 08:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B. View Post
Has anyone had a problem withe a bed riser system failure? I cannot raise the bed which means I cannot retract the slide. I contacted the riser manufacturer, Lippert, and Winnebago and they said there is no manual way to raise the bed. I am stuck at a camp site. HELP would be appreciated. Thank you!
If it is anything like my bed riser, you have to calibrate the system to tell it where the upper limit is and the lower limit. The setup manual has the instructions on how to do it. In the meantime, resetting the system (red flashing light) to a flashing green light will give you a one time capability to raise the headboard up to the max limit so you can get your slide in.
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:34 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Under the bed head end is a micro switch which is part of the control circuit. The bracket on mine got bent on mine. I just buy passed mine by removing the two wires and shorting then together. A blade fuse has the correct male blades to do this. With the switch buy passed you then can perform a calibration procedure. Good luck
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 03:43 PM   #14

I have a 2015 Itasca Elipse. It’s the same of the Winnebago Tour. My bed sticks often and won’t move. If I toggle the lever up and down a few times it resets the bed so I can raise or lower it. You may try doing this and see if it works for you.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert, winnebago