RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2019, 04:06 PM   #1

2018 Winnebago Vista 32 YE Issues

I have two ongoing issues with my new Vista.

The first is an ongoing check engine (or check gas cap) error. This only seems to happen when we run the V10 engine after using the generator. It has been to a Ford dealer twice and they said system is working. They even replaced the purge valve on the tank just to see if it stopped. Anyone know if there is a valve between the generator and the tank? Any thoughts?

The second issue is with the dash heat blowing warm air all the time. If it is 50 degrees out and I turn off the heat and just blow what should be fresh outside air it is still warm, not hot. This happens when I go over 55 MPH and the engine RPMs are higher. This also impact the dash AC which blows cold when stopped but at highway speeds it is only cool to warm. Iíve had t in the dealer 3 times and they said it is working ďas designedĒ. Any other Vista owners experiencing this?

Thanks.

Steve

Luv2fishcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #2

If you haven't already done so, you might get more responses if you post your inquiry on IRV2's sister site Winnieowners.com.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:02 AM   #3

We have the same year/model and do not have these problems. Have you or Ford tried replacing the gas cap? We used to have a minivan that was constantly turning the engine light on and after many trips to the dealership, I just replaced the gas cap and the problem stopped.

On the heat/cooling problems, does the problem go away when you set the air system to recirculate? If so, I would check the air intake for any loose parts or blockage that would cause it to pick up heat off the engine or radiator.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge-fl View Post
We have the same year/model and do not have these problems. Have you or Ford tried replacing the gas cap? We used to have a minivan that was constantly turning the engine light on and after many trips to the dealership, I just replaced the gas cap and the problem stopped.

On the heat/cooling problems, does the problem go away when you set the air system to recirculate? If so, I would check the air intake for any loose parts or blockage that would cause it to pick up heat off the engine or radiator.

Thank you for the reply. Yes the gas cap has been replaced but the issue remained.

No change I heat/ac issue with the system set to recirculate. Since you have the same year/model Iím wondering if there is any change to the sound of your fan when you switch from fresh air to recirculate? On my other vehicles there is a very noticeable change in fan speed but there is no difference in the RV.

Steve
Luv2fishcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2fishcb View Post
Thank you for the reply. Yes the gas cap has been replaced but the issue remained.

No change I heat/ac issue with the system set to recirculate. Since you have the same year/model Iím wondering if there is any change to the sound of your fan when you switch from fresh air to recirculate? On my other vehicles there is a very noticeable change in fan speed but there is no difference in the RV.

Steve
Hmmm, well I think there is a change but to be honest I am not 100% sure since I almost always have it on recirc. I will be over at the storage lot this weekend and will check on the blower sound and get back to you.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago