Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I discovered a few curious issues with my rig as of late.

The first one is that I found that my turn signals work with the ignition off. I have never had a vehicle that the turn signals would work without the key being in the "on" position.

Second, my owners manual says that my Hydrolyic jack control pad should work with the key in the accessory position. Nope, the ignition key has to be in the "start" position for the jack pad to power up.

Third, and this one just started, my awning over the door has started sticking in the closed position. When I hit the switch you can hear the motor start to groan, but the awning acts like it is locked. If I pull it a little by hand, it will open as normal. What do you guys think, something hanging it up?? I will have to crawl up there and give it a close inspection.....

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I discovered a few curious issues with my rig as of late.

The first one is that I found that my turn signals work with the ignition off. I have never had a vehicle that the turn signals would work without the key being in the "on" position.

Second, my owners manual says that my Hydrolyic jack control pad should work with the key in the accessory position. Nope, the ignition key has to be in the "start" position for the jack pad to power up.

Third, and this one just started, my awning over the door has started sticking in the closed position. When I hit the switch you can hear the motor start to groan, but the awning acts like it is locked. If I pull it a little by hand, it will open as normal. What do you guys think, something hanging it up?? I will have to crawl up there and give it a close inspection.....

Sarge

Old 04-07-2007, 02:52 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Both my awnings sticks on occasion too. I give it a squirt of silicone spray when I can remember it. To get it to open I try to open and if that doesn't work I hit the close button for a second then the open. That usually does it.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SargeW:
I discovered a few curious issues with my rig as of late.--snip--

Sarge </div></BLOCKQUOTE>When the awning is extended, look at the mounting base where it is attached to the coach. There are two brackets that can be slid fore and aft after you loosen the allen-head screws. Move the two brackets if the awning doesn't appear centered when retracted.

I think our jacks and slides will work even in the key off position - I suppose it depends on the chassis you have as to what works when.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Our slide works 'key on' or 'key off'. The jacks work only with the ignition switch either in the 'on' position or the 'accessory' position. Won't work otherwise.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

thanks for the tips. I will check the mounting hardware when I inspect it.

My slides work key off, but no jack action.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The first one is that I found that my turn signals work with the ignition off. I have never had a vehicle that the turn signals would work without the key being in the "on" position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are your Emergency Flashers Flashing, or do you turn the Turn Signal actuator and the turn signal flashes with the key off?

The Emergency Flashers, which flash the lights that are used for the Turn Signals, work independant of the ignition key. They turn on by a seperate switch from the arm acuator that turns the left and right turn signals on and off.
The Turn Signal has to have the key on in order to work.

Full Time 2003 Journey DL
CaptChet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:09 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Nope, not the flashers. Both turn signals work with the key off. Never seen that one before........

Old 04-09-2007, 04:35 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

"Second, my owners manual says that my Hydrolyic jack control pad should work with the key in the accessory position. Nope, the ignition key has to be in the "start" position for the jack pad to power up."

Did you have your parking brake set? Our panel will not power up with the key in the ACC position unless the parking brake is set. If the brake was set I would contact Winnebago or have a dealer look at the operation of the jacks.

It's hard to believe they are supposed to operate only when the key is in the on position.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:32 AM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Yep, air brake was set and tranny in neutral. Still no operation with key in accessory position. Only in the start position. Jacks have always worked fine, just only in one position.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Marty: The door awning has a red plastic cam that you can see in the open position. Mine was catching and I had to take a small pocket knife and trim back the mold tab, add white grease and it should open easy. Also for those who do not have a drain hole on the left-side motor cover, remove the motor cover, clean out the sludge and drill a hole. You will be amazed how close the motor sits to the bottom of the cover.

My blinkers don't work without key on, and the HWH systems work with key on accessory.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Gary, I'm off tomorrow, will check the operation of the awning. Maybe I will call HWH and see what they say about the jacks not working in the ACC position.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:40 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

There is a time delay for the dashpower after turing off the ign switch. Mine is like 15 minutes. Could be something like that.
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

I have a 06 like you. Blinker will work with ignition in off position. Have not had it turned on for serveral days now, so no time delay issue here. Jack pad only works in ACC or ON.

2013 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
bobwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:19 AM   #15
Winnie-Wise

No dash delay that I have noted. I'll have to check the control pad to see if I have power to the pad in the accessory position.