Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Adding a propane "T"

Just looking to see if anyone has added a propane "T" for an external grill in an older Journey. Have a 2004, just looking for the best place to tap in. Right now I am thinking just past the regulator, but looking for suggestions.

Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
It depends on if you want a regulated port or high pressure. And this depends on if the grill has a regulator, if yes before the regulator, if no after the regulator. Or remove the grill regulator and go after. Also will you use the port for other devises, like Wave heater.

LEN
Old 05-13-2015, 06:04 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
I installed the Stay Awhile product but Extend-a-Stay is pretty much the same thing. Both go on the coach propane a head of the regulator. They have several ports, one for adding an addition tank to extend your propane usage, another for running a grill, etc.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:58 AM   #4

I had one on my 2003 Journey DL. It had POL fittings on both sides so that it went between the tank and regulator. I'm still using it on my current coach.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ditto on the Extended Stay unit, just screws in between tank valve and hose. Great upgrade. It will move your regulator out further from the valve. I installed a small support under the Extended Stay valve so the weight would be supported.
Old 05-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Grills come in two types..MOST are "HIGH PRESSURE" designed to accept and REGULATE propane using their own regulator at full Tank Pressure

Some are specific to your make and model (if you already have a low pressure port) and it appears you do not have this kind of RV.

For the high pressure ones (often these are designed to use "throw away" bottles) you use an Extend-a-Stay or Stay-a-While.. Near as I can tell these are identical products,, The Extend-a-stay was made by Marshall brass.. key word is WAS Stay a While is, I believe a product of Mr. Heater (or Camco) Most RV stores will have one

They go between tank and regulator

DO NOT HOMEBREW (I have seen homebrew..It scares me).

Tags
propane