Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #1

Adjustment of Aquahot heat -- much better!

Our 2010 Winnie Tour 42 AD has and Aquahot 450 system. We have been using using it for hot water for the summer (bought it in April), but had not really used the heating portion.

This changed last week in West Yellowstone, MT when the overnight temps dropped to 27 degrees. I found the front zone worked OK, but the bedroom zone just blew cool air, even though the Aquahot burner was running. I was able to find a post on IRV2 regarding sticky zone valves and that I might tap the valve to loosen it. That did it and we had heat in the back.

Still, I was surprised that the heat output seemed rather low -- the air coming from the register was hot, but there was not as much of it as I thought there should be. Looking in the register, I could see the finned Aquahot heat exchanger, but on a couple of the wood register covers, foam insulation that sealed the register to the wood seemed to have slipped and was actually covering the register outlet and restricting air flow. A bit of investigation showed that one register was almost half covered while another was about 1/3 covered. I was able to trim and remove the excess foam insulation (be careful not to touch the Aquahot register fins) and was delighted to feel a significant increase in hot air coming out.

I know this would have been covered by Winnebago's warranty, but it was a small item (besides, there are no dealers in Yellowstone) and easily fixed. If your Aquahot output seems a bit lite, you might take a look at your output register covers.

2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40M
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:08 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You should call the factory and let them know of you problem and your fix and ask that any future problems of this nature continue to be covered beyond the warranty period as a document problem.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote