Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2017, 04:35 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Adventurer 37F -- What's the verdict?

We're buying a new MH next month. One of our top choices, if not the top choice is the Winnebago Adventurer 37F.

I'd love to hear from other owners the good, the bad and the truly ugly things about this coach. Anything specific to look out for?

FYI, second on our list is a Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36U diesel pusher.

Feel free to share it all.
Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I also looked at both and decided on the Adventurer. We have the 35P. For the most part we really love the coach! It's Journey quality in a gasser. Our punch list isn't too long, but they had to replace one of the Windows, the entertainment system, and they had to move the sweep seal of the large slide closer to the bottom of the slide. Also, the auto gen was not counting hours, and they found a loose wire on the back of the panel. You will have these issues with any new coach. Best of luck to you in your decision!
Old 07-04-2017, 05:04 PM   #3

We have a 2017 Suncruiser 37F and think it's awesome. We had narrowed our choice down to three, the 37F, Newmar Canyon Star, and Tiffin Allegro. All three were very nice, but we the 37F was our favorite. Ours has the driftwood interior which is beautiful.
The bedroom and rear bath are awesome. We have the stacked washer/dryer which work great. Winnebago does a great job on their TV/entertainment wiring. My biggest drawback is that with all the slides in it is cramped. You can get to the fridge and half bath ok though. If you stop for lunch, and need more room just open a slide.
Will Parish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
We're buying a new MH next month. One of our top choices, if not the top choice is the Winnebago Adventurer 37F.

I'd love to hear from other owners the good, the bad and the truly ugly things about this coach. Anything specific to look out for?

FYI, second on our list is a Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36U diesel pusher.

Feel free to share it all.
Thanks!
A bit of a late response, but my wife and I have been full timing in a Suncruiser 37F which is the Itasca (RIP) equivalent of the Adventurer.

Two years in we still think we got the right motorhome. Winnebago quality (the others are a lot worse) and great livability. The biggest complaint we have is that the "Euro lounger" is bad joke and about to get replaced with a desk.
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:45 PM   #5

Not sure if the slides have the schwintech slide mechanism. If so , run.
Supposedly they are supposed to have gone to powergear up grade. Course I am gun shy, had the drivers side replaced three times on a 13 -40u.
John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #6

Have a 2015 37F and love, love, love it. Had a few issues that were fixed at the factory in Forest City and all is well. I believe all the new ones come with the Power Gear hardware on the big slide and the bedroom slide. We had the Power Gear installed on the FWS last May, and the bedroom has never had a problem with the Schwinteck system. Drives great with very little effect from wind from passing trucks and the engine is just fine with enough power to get you anywhere you need to go. We have been across the country 3 times with ours and would not think of trading it and will keep it till we can't do this any more.
Peteyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:03 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm circling back on this thread to say we did purchase the 2017 Adventurer 37F at La Mesa RV in Albuquerque last week. They priced it lowere than any others we could find online. And while they started with a lowball price on our Class C trade in we held our ground and got what we wanted.

We're experienced enough to know to camp nearby the dealer for a few days and this turned out to be the right thing to do. First day the power bed wouldn't deploy. They sent a tech to fix that right away. Then we found a big hydraulic leak in the right front power jack. The next morning they fixed that by removing a jack from another Winnebago.

The next day the hot water heater stopped working. It turned out to be a thermocouple. Once replaced we headed 700 miles home.

Everything worked fine on the trip home... EXCEPT the large screen radio/GPS/Cam Monitor. It worked on and off. Froze up a number of times. And stopped working entirely as we pulled into our drive way. We'll have to visit the local dealer (100 miles away) for this fix.

Overall we love the new coach. We're not crazy about the Rest Easy Sofa and how much room it eats up - it's a good 8" away from the wall to allow for reclining. Or the air mattress king bed from a comfort standpoint.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:04 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on your purchase! Once the bugs are worked out, I think you'll love it. What a great floor plan!

We also had the same issue with the radio. I took it to the Winnebago factory in Junction City and they said the controller and fan went out on the unit and are replacing it. It located in the cabinet above the passenger room seat. It first went wonky while driving in hot weather. I noticed how hot the unit in the cabinet got, and think it may not be placed in the best location to keep cool. It sounds like a common, but hopefully not re-occurring problem. Take care!

Tags
adventurer, vent