Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #1

Advice on upgrading

I would like to upgrade and I need alot of advice. I currently have 2008 Vista 32k with 3580 miles.Kids are getting bigger, bringing friends so I'm looking for more room. I really like the Adventurere 35Z but am afraid the price is a little high. I really like my vista so I'm thinking of the sightseer. I do want bunks. Here are some questions.
1. Should I look for a 2009 rather than a 2010 to help keep cost down.
2. I' m not near any dealers(3-4hrs), if I find a unit several states away can I get another dealer to get the unit for me?
3. If I look at MSRP how much percentage would I be able to reduce the price?
4. How much do the dealers follow the blue book value.
5. What else should I be keeping in mind.

tks, china3
china3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
The only good advice I can give you is to shop on the internet before you talk to a dealer so you will already have a good idea of what's out there and what kind of pricing it's going for. I'm sure others will be able to help you with your questions.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
This is a buyers market do not hesitate to make low low offer or to make even a lower offer for a like new previously owned one.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:19 AM   #4

I would look around for a first class used unit and save big bucks. They are out there. Check for Bank Repos. It is a buyers market. Some of the forums will get you a lot of offers if you let them know you are looking.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:50 PM   #5

China, I have a 07 Tour, purchased in 11/07 new. Once I decided what color, floor plan, etc that we wanted, I searched the internet and found 3 identical units in 3 different cities. Someone on this website told me that 25% was the going discount. I phoned each dealer and told them I was going to buy from the dealer that gave me the best price. I emailed each copies of the other dealers RVs. I also am 3 hrs from nearest Winnebago dealer. Wound up buy my RV at Affinity RV in Prescott, AZ and I live in South Carolina. Didn't matter where I bought because I didn't have dealer close to me. However, I have a Freightliner chasis and they are made in Gaffney, SC, thus they do all my chasis and Cummins engine maint. Good luck. Don't be shy about bidding low.
NCTom is offline   Reply With Quote