Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2009, 07:00 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Air Tabs

Does anyone have air tabs on their Winnebago? I am interested in their impact on handling, fuel use, truck passings, etc. I am also interested in any impact to the cooling of the engine, since obvioulsy the rear air drag is reduced. They look to be less than attractive. My Vectra has IFS, so I questions how much of an impact to handling it would have. I would appreciate any input espcially from those that have used them. Thank you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I do not remember where, but I did read somewhere testing of the air tabs, and it was basically a boondoggle. It's one of those products that someone dreamed up that sounds good but makes no practical difference.

I once thought of a product: Stealth Car Wax, guaranteed not to allow radar to determine your speed, $99.99 per can plus shipping and handling of $39.95. One can is enough to protect 1 car for 30 days, application must be repeated every 30 days. If for any reason you get a ticket after using Stealth Car Wax, return your current can for a full refund on that can less shipping and handling charges!
Old 12-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Jim... They have products that are somewhat like that.. There are sprays and other things you can put on your license plate that are guaranteed to keep a speed-camera from taking a clear photo of your license plate.

Well.. Myth Busters decided to bust the myth.. They bought 3 or 4 of the products, set up a speed camera and brought in a couple of cars..

On the production line car, every time they speed past the camera even after a mile run up at full throttle (Some folks claimed speed alone was enough to blur the plate) they still got a clear photo.

So they brought in the other car.. One of those mach 1+ Rocket cars.. and at something like 250 MPH.. the camera did NOT get a clear picture of the plate.

Just so you know.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #4

air tabs

There was quite a long and heated discussion about air tabs on RV.Net. If you go there and search under air tabs, you'll read many different opinions.
Goodturn is offline   Reply With Quote